PDA

View Full Version : Finally, my 416 is FINISHED

speedy400
08-25-2003, 03:50 AM
Well after the 5 weeks of trying to figure out my problems my rebuild is done, thanks to yzroostinya, unglymotha, and a buncha other people. BTW my problem was the counterbalence weight was off I guess. The motor is broke in and I am working on the jetting at the moment, but I think I have that almost figured out. The motor RIPS!!!! I dunno if it was really worth 5 weeks of not riding and plus 500$, but the experiance of the motor I got is priceless. Thanks everyone.-darren:devil:

UglyMotha™
08-25-2003, 04:47 AM
CONGRATS

hope ya enjoy it if your still looking for more power get your carb bored get your head shaved down some to boost your compression up a little you can get your flywheel lightened to to boost acceleration also might invest in a sparks timing key also
but with the timing key you will have to run a race fuel mix with the higher compression it will run hot might get a aftermaket hi flo header if your looking for more top end

just some suggestions

Toadz400
08-25-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
CONGRATS

hope ya enjoy it if your still looking for more power get your carb bored get your head shaved down some to boost your compression up a little you can get your flywheel lightened to to boost acceleration also might invest in a sparks timing key also
but with the timing key you will have to run a race fuel mix with the higher compression it will run hot might get a aftermaket hi flo header if your looking for more top end

just some suggestions

ha...i doubt darren will be doing anything else to it for awhile after this, since something will ended up being screwed up and he'll be without riding for another 5 weeks:D

darren, can't wait to see it tonight when you come over! i want to ride that beast, but we all know it doesn't have nearly as much power as "The Beast" you have to ride that too:cool: :uhoh:

UglyMotha™
08-25-2003, 08:19 AM
LMAO well atleast get the carb bored out even monkeyboy can handle that ya just have to take it off and put it in a box and mail it rocky ridge will even help you guys get the jetting spot on there really nice guys that are willing to help anyone plus with the larger bore ported head and the high end cam if you want to take full advantage of all that ya just gotta get more air and fuel to the motor:cool:

oh well just as long as your having fun that's all that counts :p

cals400ex
08-25-2003, 06:33 PM
rocky ridge charges $125 for all of the work. i am not sure on shipping.

DEAL
08-25-2003, 06:43 PM
Lightening the Flywheel will make it act even more like a 2-stroke wouldn't it?

Chanman420q
08-25-2003, 06:58 PM
where do u go to get the fly wheel lightend or do u have to send it somewhere

Flyin#3-1/2
08-25-2003, 07:35 PM
well darren is over at my house right now with his 416:D i haven't ridden it yet, if i do, i'll let you all know how it performs compared to my 400. i'm sure it rips, haven't seen it in action, he adjusted my valves, rejetted my carb, some other stuff, and we cleaned my filter. he got here around 8 and we got done doing all that good stuff around 11 so we couldn't really do real "riding" because everyone around here is sleeping, so we went out for a stroll. tomorrow morning we're going to drag, see how much he kicks my @$$:devil: my 400 is so much better now after he jetted it and adjusted the valves, instant throttle response *drool*.

well...at least my EX looks better:D :ermm: :uhoh:

UglyMotha™
08-26-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
where do u go to get the fly wheel lightend or do u have to send it somewhere

Originally posted by DEAL
Lightening the Flywheel will make it act even more like a 2-stroke wouldn't it?

yes it will make it act more like a 2 stroke and yes you have to send it somwhere rocky ridge out of kentucky does them that's where i am sending mine