PDA

View Full Version : TRX 450 hoax?

EXtreme
08-24-2003, 06:51 PM
I just seen this post on another forum check it out

http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/8/threadid/354202/STARTPAGE/1.cfm

Bender
08-24-2003, 07:03 PM
You can go into any Honda dealership now and they'll show you the fax.I've seen the fax at at least 4 dealerships. Just go to one and ask to see it. It's not a secret anymore, just no one seems to know what it really looks at, or has any proof as of yet.
But what ever it looks like, it's no hoax.

EXtreme
08-24-2003, 07:28 PM
thanx, just curious. Seemed like alot of do's and don'ts.
Just wanted to see if anyone new for sure

EXtreme
08-24-2003, 07:36 PM
N/M found confermation not a hoax

http://********.com/this-just-in/honda-confirms-trx-450r03.htm

08-25-2003, 04:18 AM
rumor has it there testin the mofo at a private location about 15 miles from my work....:eek:

I keep stickin my head out the winder to see if i can here it but i can't....:huh

coryatver
08-25-2003, 04:56 AM
Can you go for a car ride during lunch? Don't forget the digi camera.

MX_Racer_20
08-25-2003, 12:57 PM
These are direct quotes from the Oct. issue of dirtwheels.

"While we can't say for certain just what big red will release, through our own series of dusty side street meetings, phone taps, high speed chases and long lens photos, we have put together a profile of what to expect.

We have heard that a couple of top pro riders have been out testing the prototype honda and its said to be based on a 450cc, liquid cooled, four stroke engine, very simialar in design to the one on honda's crf450 motocross bike. We've also heard that it uses an aluminum frame and is extremely light weight and powerful. While the new honda has been tested quite a bit already we can't be certain that it will be announced at honda's 04 dealer meeting later this fall."

This is quoted from John Arens in the same article.

"Since most of the factories have already released their 2004 model lineups, I don't think you'll see anything in the honda dealerships this fall except lonely sales people working on their resumes, left over EX's, and lots of tylenol."

They say they've also heard that a liquid-cooled honda 450exr is in development, which basically is an upgraded 400ex.

Later on in the article they also say they've heard rumors of 2 new quads. A counter to the yfz450 and one to the raptor. Possibly a 650cc.

quadman21
08-26-2003, 04:36 AM
Sounds like good stuff but eveyone can tell the picture looks like the DVX. But hey, it's only an atrist's concept. Patientce is a virtue and good things come to those who wait! Honda will prevail;)

rs169300
08-26-2003, 08:03 AM
i have seen the new honda 450 at a local mx d 11 track. it was riden by a top gnc rider. all i can say at this time is that is stock trim, this thing was fast.

86atc250r
08-26-2003, 09:02 AM
That's dated info - Honda corporate has already said it will be announced at the Sep 10 Dealer meeting. I'd expect availability shortly thereafter.

Remember the 400EX? Intro at dealer metting - availability - immediately.

There's only one reason Honda sent that memo to their dealers - they knew it would be leaked to the internet and it would stop a lot of people like myself from going straight out and buying a Yamaha. If they didn't have the quad ready to go, they wouldn't have bothered & would have just made their announcement at the dealer meeting.

Ryan
08-26-2003, 09:14 AM
I just got off the phone with Honda themselves......

They told me its all a hoax. They just don't want everyone running for the new Yamaha. So don't expect a new honda quad.

:chinese:

08-26-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
I just got off the phone with Honda themselves......

They told me its all a hoax. They just don't want everyone running for the new Yamaha. So don't expect a new honda quad.

:chinese:

ooo this would eb sooo funny :eek2: :p

tprender
08-26-2003, 12:43 PM
How about this, what if Honda and Yamaha got together just like Suzuki and Kaw for that 400. Would that be something, but I must bew a sleep and dreaming again.
If true what which would you buy?

08-26-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by tprender
How about this, what if Honda and Yamaha got together just like Suzuki and Kaw for that 400. Would that be something, but I must bew a sleep and dreaming again.
If true what which would you buy?

yeh that would be funny too but do you really have to ask which one we'd buy???

08-27-2003, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by EXtreme
I just seen this post on another forum check it out

http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/8/threadid/354202/STARTPAGE/1.cfm

That thread is a fake. :eek: Look at the town where the kid lives and the name of his high school :cuss:

"A 16 year old art class student at Urfuctifubyred High School in Borntaloose, WV"

Sick0
08-27-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by QuadMX18
That thread is a fake. :eek: Look at the town where the kid lives and the name of his high school :cuss:

"A 16 year old art class student at Urfuctifubyred High School in Borntaloose, WV" :D :D :D

cdalejef
08-27-2003, 02:37 PM
LMAO ;)

jay's 300
08-27-2003, 04:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone was going to catch the names of the town & high school! Instead of arguing over the whole hoax thing! LMFAO! Some people are too easy! :huh :macho

rs169300
08-29-2003, 07:55 AM
the honda 450 is no hoax. i have seen one is south eastern ohio. if u dont believe that then i know another top ten gnc rider that has told me about how he has riden one. honda will again remain on top with the addition to the R line up. 250 now 450

stupid driver
08-30-2003, 02:39 AM
we find out in 10 days. THen we'll know if its a hoax or not :macho

jgfarmsracer
09-07-2003, 10:49 PM
an alum. sub frame Not the hole frame

Originally posted by MX_Racer_20
These are direct quotes from the Oct. issue of dirtwheels.

"While we can't say for certain just what big red will release, through our own series of dusty side street meetings, phone taps, high speed chases and long lens photos, we have put together a profile of what to expect.

We have heard that a couple of top pro riders have been out testing the prototype honda and its said to be based on a 450cc, liquid cooled, four stroke engine, very simialar in design to the one on honda's crf450 motocross bike. We've also heard that it uses an aluminum frame and is extremely light weight and powerful. While the new honda has been tested quite a bit already we can't be certain that it will be announced at honda's 04 dealer meeting later this fall."

This is quoted from John Arens in the same article.

"Since most of the factories have already released their 2004 model lineups, I don't think you'll see anything in the honda dealerships this fall except lonely sales people working on their resumes, left over EX's, and lots of tylenol."

They say they've also heard that a liquid-cooled honda 450exr is in development, which basically is an upgraded 400ex.

Later on in the article they also say they've heard rumors of 2 new quads. A counter to the yfz450 and one to the raptor. Possibly a 650cc.

f1502nv
09-08-2003, 10:14 PM
ITS NOT A HOAX I HAVE A FREIND WHO WORKS FOR HONDA WHO IS GOING THE THE CONVENTION IN LAS VEGAS IN SEPT.....TO SEE IT IT WILL BE OUT SHORTLY AFTER THAT!!!!

Castor-426ex
09-08-2003, 11:12 PM
hey guess what it is sept

SlapNutz
09-09-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by jgfarmsracer
an alum. sub frame Not the hole frame

thadt suxz:cuss: