PDA

View Full Version : Quad Wars????

angelon400ex
01-27-2002, 11:33 AM
Has anyone else seen quad wars at a monster truck show? I saw one this weekend and was real disappointed in how they portrayed the sport and how OBVIOUSLY set up it was! I know it is supposed to be for entertainment but why is it the quads and not the dirt bikers or truck drivers that portray the poor sportsmanship?

sduncan
01-27-2002, 12:28 PM
I've seen it before. Its a PISS POOR representation of ATVers. Kind of like WWF for ATV. It was stupid then and is stupid now. I have yet to figure out why people actually pay to watch that crap.You have to remember that 90% of the people there to watch are not ATVers or responsible off-roaders,duners, or trail riders. All they know about our sport/hobby is what they see there or read about from the enviromentalists which is all negative. They are there to entertain their kids. I can defineately find better ways to occupy my kids time than that. But as long as people pay to watch that garbage, then the promoters will continue to push it. Too bad.

Wingnut
01-27-2002, 03:50 PM
I have never been to the Bi-Lo Center to see the monster trucks or the "quad racing". From every thing I have heard it is one of the worst things for the ATV industry. I have some friends who went to see this years show and they were telling me about someone on their quad being pushed into some cars at the end of the race, and the fight afterward. But, they did also say that this years event did not seem as violent (my word, not theirs) as last year. I do not know about this year, but I believe that last year local racers were invited to participate in the race. I can not understand why they would want to be in an event that portrays quad racing the way that "Quad Wars" does. One last thing, why did Grady Miller's Honda sponsor this? I do not see how it could help their sales, it seems to me that it would do the opposite. I would not want to buy an ATV form someone who knowingly makes our sport look so careless and disorganized. However, I did buy my 400EX from them, but that was before they started to sponsor "Quad Wars".

01-27-2002, 06:57 PM
WHy dont they use 3 wheelers and call it trike wars? they already have a bad image

86atc250r
01-28-2002, 11:01 AM
That would be as of bad taste as the current "quad wars".

Juggalo
01-28-2002, 06:22 PM
i think it would be funny to enter a quad wars race and then instead of listening to the promoter or whatever just go out and smoke every1! lol. i would do it too. i mean whats the worst that could happen? you don't get payed? oh no!

coryatver
01-28-2002, 09:22 PM
angelon400ex! wow i have not seen that name for a while.

Evan
02-02-2002, 09:59 AM
Went to monster jam last night and I must say quad wars sucked.
There was a raptor a 400 and the rest were Rs. The raptor one 2 races and he was stock width and everything except a pipe and tires. Here is a funny pic from one the wrecks that were staged.

angelon400ex
02-02-2002, 03:42 PM
Grady Miller must not give a hoot about what image the quad wars promotes to kids. There are plenty of kids uninformed enough in the sport that would think all riding a quad is about is crash derby and throwing some punches. I didn't know anything about what we were getting into and thought it was going to be a legitimate race. I had to explain to my little boy that they were being stupid and it wasn't real. They didn't make the monster truck drivers look stupid or the dirt bikes. Why didn't they have the dirt bikes flip each other off midair or crash just to appeal to the crowd? Or why didn't they have the truck drivers get out and roll around in the dirt fighting? I have only seen people act that dumb when they were drunk and the people I ride with have more sense. I just know it is the most awesome sport and quad wars does not show that.
Hi, Coryatver!

wyndzer
02-02-2002, 04:21 PM
I've got friends that I race with that are riding the Quad Wars this weekend in Raleigh. Yes it is fake. They want you to go act crazy and have fun, not really flip each other off and stuff, although some do. They wanted me to race, but my bike is apart, and I wouldn't want to tear it up anyway.

TRX250XFIRE
02-03-2002, 06:17 PM
what are the quad wars? can u explain? thanks

NJ300ex
02-03-2002, 07:20 PM
Yellowrider, you are the most ignorant person i have never met.

Before you start voicing your ignorant opinions learn to spell.

Wingnut
02-03-2002, 07:20 PM
1. You may not have noticed, but common sense is not very common any more. Apparently the racers in "Quad Wars" do not have common sense because they they hit each other almost the whole time.
2. I am not one of the "older guys," but I do want quads to be around for atleast as long as I can enjoy them.
3. I do not enjoy it very much when a cop drives up to me and my frineds and questions me for 20 minutes because some kid has been tearing up some old woman's yard and running from the cops. I have had 4-wheelers running from the cops cut through my trails. Do you know who the cops suspect when that happens? Me.
4. IGNORE THEM :huh . We can ignore them, but do you know who does not ignore them? Lawyers, environmentalist, the people who manage the trails, basically the people who have the power to close the trails.
5. Yes, I am trying to sale ATV's. I want all my friends to have one. The more people to ride with the better.

angelon400ex
02-03-2002, 07:45 PM
I guess we can't all be as eloquent with our words as yellowrider....LOL! If you don't care what happens in the future of our sport...have fun doing whatever else. As for some of us this is one of our ultimate thrills. There are so many great things you can do on a quad and with a quad and I for one look forward to the next level. Thank God my riding buddies are smart and mature....even some as young as 13 yrs old I have ridden with had a lot more sense than some others exhibit. So this has nothing to do with age. Funny how no one was attacking the age issue until you, Yellowrider, came along calling names. Pretty funny, I think, to be calling people babies. You sound like my two and three year olds I work with! Do you need time out? ;)

MOFO
02-03-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by yellowrider
you all are the biggest babies in the world!!! all you all do is complain how they do this and that to quads they aint going to do anything!!! and anybody with common since is not going to go out and hit other people.
this is so ***** stupid i see you older guys come on here acting like you all know everything that is best for are sport and if i seen it i probably would have laughed i dont know but i didnt see it so i dont know how bad it was but i was in this other forum on ex riders where young kids running from the cops was bad and was giving the "sport" a bad name thats stupid!!!
the cops are going to get you luckily i have only got caught once and kept my mouth shut and did what he says and that he knew me before all of this happen and i just got a warning. but what someone else does its not going to effect all of us

dont worry about it you act like you are part of honda or yam or suz or polaris or soemthing trying to sale a atv or something .. you shouldnt worry you guys already have 4 wheelers ..

and if some day they do banned 4 wheelers there will be someting better coming out that are just as good or better than 4 wheelers ....

i did not mean for this to be a fame but people go way overboard when people starts takling about are "sport"

just go ride have fun if you see someone that is doing wrong ignore them ..

Wow. One of these days you'll wake up.......

*EDIT* cleaned up yellows post....

quadfamily
02-03-2002, 08:35 PM
Yellowrider, I edited your first post, go back and read it. Everyone else please stop the back and forth flaming. This isn't going anywhere except the garbage can! Thanks!

Pro400EXC
02-03-2002, 10:04 PM
I think Quad Wars are so Funny,the fake fights and all that are sweet.

I wanna race the Quad Wars down here in FL sooo bad,but you gotta be 17,so I have a few yr's.bUt I am gonna go out there and show off so Much(all the ladies will be watching).

There was like 4 250r's 2 Banshee's and 6400ex's at my Quad Wars last Saturday.