PDA

View Full Version : New Carb - OMG!!!! 400EX POWER!!!!

MarkyNark
01-27-2002, 11:21 AM
I just put on my new 39mm Keihin carburetor that came with my MQ Stage One kit. JEEZ! You won't believe the power increase. It makes my old FMF disk pipe sound like a wiffle ball! The thing now has incredible pull. I can't wait to get the Yoshi pipe that came with it installed! All that power and it's not even a 440! I put on the K&N filter and the CDI Last week. I thought the power increase with just those was good, but now with the new carb... WOW! The only draw back is that the new carb does not have a choke, so It does take a little longer to warm up.

Time for some riding!!!!

Marky

Dave400ex
01-27-2002, 04:09 PM
Sounds awesome. Is the Carb hard to get Dialed In? The only thing I wouldn`t like is not having a Choke. Just think if you had a 416 Piston, Cam, and the Carb. That Setup would never quit pulling. I can`t wait to do my Motor. I have to get some Shocks first. I can already ride faster than the Shocks want me to.

MarkyNark
01-27-2002, 05:09 PM
WarriorMan,

Making the bike breathe was a good first step for me. I was even amazed at just the CDI, and the power curve it delivered. I really want to see how it does against other 440kits that don't have a good carb and CDI. Then, I will go with the 440. To me, I can't see paying a bore charge twice. As far as the choke goes, most strickly performance carbs dont have a choke. It takes just a few minutes to warm up. I am running just a little rich right now becuase I am moving to the Yoshi pipe on Wednesday. Then I'll get it dialed in for perfection. This is whats next on the list which is part of the stage two kit ....

1) Big Bore Piston Kit: Includes high compression 440cc race piston (11.5:1) with gaskets and guide seals.
2) Performance Cams - .350" intake lift, .345" exhaust lift
3) Race Valve Springs (heavy duty with titanium retainers)
4) Hard Faced Rockers
5) Stainless Steel Valves 1mm OS Intake

Cheers ...

out4sand
01-31-2002, 06:03 PM
Hey Mark when are you planning on installing the 44o kit? I'd sure be game to give you a run before doing that just to see the difference between our 400's. I think I could also convince another buddy with basically your set up less the carb to join in the "shootout" of sorts. Once you install the 440 we'll have to play on some things other then just straight line drags :D

MarkyNark
01-31-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by out4sand
Hey Mark when are you planning on installing the 44o kit? I'd sure be game to give you a run before doing that just to see the difference between our 400's. I think I could also convince another buddy with basically your set up less the carb to join in the "shootout" of sorts. Once you install the 440 we'll have to play on some things other then just straight line drags :D

Out4Sand,

Hey man, good to finally meet you! Sean mentioned he knew you. Well, I'm on our stage 1 kit now, minus the Yoshi pipe. I'd be happy to have some fun anytime. The Stage 2 kit wont be on it until mid summer. Just as soon as the weather get decent we all head down to Sandlake or something. Let me know.

Marky

01-31-2002, 10:51 PM
Hey Marky,

Nice trailer choice. I have a '99. Did yours come with a 15 or 25 gallon fuel tank? Just curious 'cuz I could swear they told me it was 25, but it only seems to hold 15. Otherwise, it has served me quite well since I bought it in Oct '98, you will enjoy it for quite some time I'm sure.

MarkyNark
02-01-2002, 06:22 AM
I actually don't know what the fuel capacity is. I got the Northwest edition and most of the capacities were larger than the standard model. I do know the water tank is 100 gals, and the other three are 50 gals each. I had some problems with the Generac generator and got a new Onan instead. It's much more fuel effiecient compared to the Generac, plus it always starts (which was my main problem with the Generac). I also got a different charging unit as well. This one will charge both batteries in about 15 minutes.

Overall, I'm happy with the trailer. The main reason I went with it over the Weekend Warrier was that there was more internal room to stand up in the rear cargo section, and the bed had a real mattress instead of a futon. Plus, the Weekend Warrier was too heavy for my F-150 to tow. This one is right about weight limit fully loaded.

Marky