PDA

View Full Version : Crf450 Vs Yz450f

brazilian rider
08-24-2003, 01:23 PM
Wich one of this engines is the best, faster and reliable???

That would be a good reason to buy the Honda or the Yamaha.

Any dirt bike expert on the MX scenary?

MotoX3
08-24-2003, 01:34 PM
BAN HIM NOW:grr: .......when will it stop:(

CHAUNCY
08-24-2003, 01:39 PM
I would go with the yamaha just because they have the advantage over other companies in the bike world IMO! But most people will say Honda being this is a honda site:blah:

brazilian rider
08-24-2003, 01:59 PM
I`m not trying to start any fight again.

I just don`t know this information and wanted someone with experience to tell me. That`s all.

bansheeguy77
08-24-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
BAN HIM NOW:grr: .......when will it stop:(

dude relax hes asking about the dirt bikes not quads. and for bikes yamaha has the bike world in the palm of their hand i think....of course the die hard honda never ridden other than a 250ex members will im sure argue differently...

AtvMxRider
08-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
dude relax hes asking about the dirt bikes not quads.

HAHAHA you beat me too it.

MotoX3
08-24-2003, 02:12 PM
lol sorry brazillian rider:blah: .........wondered y the name looked funny.....looks like i need hooked on phonics:ermm:

nuclearkielbasa
08-24-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
I would go with the yamaha just because they have the advantage over other companies in the bike world IMO! But most people will say Honda being this is a honda site:blah:

Yamaha couldn't hold an advantage over a 4-foot dung beetle riding a Tecate-4.

Seriously, though, coming from someone who's owned and raced every brand of MX bike EXCEPT Suzuki......

The Yamahas are decent, its just that they're tougher to work on than Hondas and they usually require a bit more maintenance to keep them up to par. I never REALLY liked the 400/426 because you have to ride them just like a 250 2-stroke, and why the hell would you want to ride a thumper like a 2-stroke? The Yam450 is better (more torque and midrange) but still needs to be revved.

I personally like the Honda better. Its easier to ride and makes more of its power down low. (which would be beneficial, especially in a quad)

08-24-2003, 03:12 PM
dont be talking bad about the 250ex...i just rode one..they really arent that bad..i kind alike them :)

hondafox440
08-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
dude relax hes asking about the dirt bikes not quads. and for bikes yamaha has the bike world in the palm of their hand i think....of course the die hard honda never ridden other than a 250ex members will im sure argue differently...

Not exactly. The CRF450 is a better bike than the YZ450F. It may not make as many HP on the dyno, but the motor is more practical and is faster. Not to mention the chassis and suspension are years ahead of the Yamaha.

Everyone says that the CR125s suck, but I beg to differ. Most of my riding buddies have YZ125s, and the power delivery is just so flat on them. Theres no real hit, the clutch action tends to be screwy, they are annoying to work on, and the suspension is harsh. My CR pulls so much longer and harder than the YZs, and handles so much better. YZs have sort of a cramped riding position, and the seat is a 2x4.

The CR250 actually dynos with more HP than the YZ250 also, and pulls longer. Yamaha designs thier bikes to act like 4 strokes, where as Hondas force you to ride your two stroke like a two stroke. Lazy riders will get frustrated on a 2 stroke Honda.

08-24-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Lazy riders will get frustrated on a 2 stroke Honda. yes..i agree

08-24-2003, 03:59 PM
in all the mags and shootouts the crf is always picked #1 they all love the way the power is etc, i dont know there all pretty close its personaly preference i guees but most people like the crf better, im gonna go with a the honda motor it requirs more maintence but honda does the r and d and use better metals

MidnightBlade
06-24-2010, 01:31 PM
are we talking 4-stroke or 2-stroke? i looking to buy an 05 yamaha yz450f with the 4 speed, and that runs like crazy with the stock pipes and aircleaner. stock to stock they are about the same. yamaha has more HP but honda delivers it better, yamaha revs faster but honda has more power through slower revs. they are basically the same bike just different colors.

Scro
06-24-2010, 01:32 PM
This thread is 7 years old:eek2:

mx Eli
06-24-2010, 02:09 PM
the crf motor have a ton of low end compared to a yzf and I don't really like the 4 speed tranny's because Yamaha tried it and kawi tried it and they both went back to 5 speed's

mx Eli
06-24-2010, 02:17 PM
and I know a dealer thats goes drag racing they had honda's for a long time but switched over to yamaha becuase they made more power. they run 530 kits in all of them and they would have to rebuild the yami motor's every 6-7 drags and the handa they went all season (15-17 drags) and took it apart and it was still good.

after hearing this talked to some other people with built 426's and crf's and they said a honda will last you longer and with a good builder you can get the same power out of them

06-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by MidnightBlade
are we talking 4-stroke or 2-stroke? i looking to buy an 05 yamaha yz450f with the 4 speed, and that runs like crazy with the stock pipes and aircleaner. stock to stock they are about the same. yamaha has more HP but honda delivers it better, yamaha revs faster but honda has more power through slower revs. they are basically the same bike just different colors.

wow, way to dig up a thread 7 years old lmao

Guy400
06-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Which is better, the Vega or the Pinto?

MidnightBlade
06-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
wow, way to dig up a thread 7 years old lmao
well looked at buying a yz450f and searched for some forums on google and this came up. i never looked at the date

backwoodsracer
06-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by nuclearkielbasa
Yamaha couldn't hold an advantage over a 4-foot dung beetle riding a Tecate-4.

Seriously, though, coming from someone who's owned and raced every brand of MX bike EXCEPT Suzuki......

The Yamahas are decent, its just that they're tougher to work on than Hondas and they usually require a bit more maintenance to keep them up to par. I never REALLY liked the 400/426 because you have to ride them just like a 250 2-stroke, and why the hell would you want to ride a thumper like a 2-stroke? The Yam450 is better (more torque and midrange) but still needs to be revved.

I personally like the Honda better. Its easier to ride and makes more of its power down low. (which would be beneficial, especially in a quad)

most of the time you have to rev a motorcycle/atv/utv/suv/pwc to make it go........:D

BlaineKaiser450
06-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Haha even though its a 7 year old thread, I rode a 2006 Crf450r with an arenacross motor done by Team Extreme Kawisaki, and OH MY GOD it was insane. I can't even describe it, it felt at least 4 times faster than my quad, and Ive got a built motor.

krt400ex
06-25-2010, 02:44 PM
buy the honda. the engine is better, the geometry is better(bike handles alot alot better than the yamaha) and the suspension was better up until yamaha came out with the SSS suspension. even though the newer yamahas have better suspension and aluminum frame, they still have a push in the center of corners where the front end likes to let go. honda has their engine and frame geometry wired and even though the suspension isnt as good, its still better than most everything else out there.

krt400ex
06-25-2010, 02:47 PM
oh dear.. didnt see.. old thread :chinese: