PDA

View Full Version : Bandits or Razr's?????

Drtridr18
08-12-2001, 09:59 PM
Please compare the Bandits and the Razr's. I ride all terrain, mostly trails, hills, some muddy areas, and some rivver crossing stuff, both are great tires i hear, the bandits look sweet, but i hear great things about razr's. I'd like your opinions! Thanks a lot!

08-12-2001, 11:05 PM
razr's are good and tough

skull
08-13-2001, 04:27 AM
I got bandits and I like 'em.
the good: they last forever, slide well, and get traction on just about anything.
the bad: their heavy.

4punksdad
08-13-2001, 06:26 PM
I have buddies who own both.........I like the razors better

AlaskaSpeed
08-13-2001, 10:27 PM
I will have to go with the Razr's also. They do great on trails, climb hills fine...just not the best in mud. The pros outweigh the cons in my book....JIM

NVR2L8
08-13-2001, 11:18 PM
I had Bandit's on my old Warrior and loved them, although it was mainly setup for trail riding. They are probably the longest lasting tire you can find, and get excellent traction on everything except really soft or sandy kind of dirt. I noticed that due to the tread design, that they would tend to dig into the soft stuff rather than float on top.

I side with most everyone and recommend the Razr's though, which are what I have on my 400EX. Just be aware that the 6-ply Razr's are pretty heavy as well...mounted on Douglas .190's they are significantly heavier than the stock wheels and tires. I can attest to the durability of these tires, as I recently went on a week long camping riding trip in an area that offered similar riding terrain you described. During the trip I nailed some pretty good sized sharp edged rocks, and the 6-ply's held up with no problems at all. If I had to do it all over again though, I'd go with the 4-ply's instead--I'd rather have a little lighter tire and trade-off the extra protection. BTW, despite reports that Razr's don't wear well, I have to disagree. Mine are wearing extremely well...quite a lot of tread left after putting 400+ miles on them.

AlaskaSpeed
08-13-2001, 11:29 PM
I have the 4 ply and I agree that they are still plenty tough and wear VERY well. I will be replacing these with new RAZR's once it is time to do so. JIM

skemp
08-14-2001, 09:21 PM
If I ever need new tires after my Razr's, I am going to get Razr's.
I love these tires.

4punksdad
08-16-2001, 07:14 PM
the new dirt wheels has a nice little tire shootout...........check it out.