PDA

View Full Version : 416ex compared to a stock predator

stock400ex
08-24-2003, 08:13 AM
well i was just wondering how they would compare, because i am considering trading off my 416 for a predator.

but i was wondering how they compare.

2000 416ex jetted and full exhaust against a stock 2003 predator 500

i know of course honda has reliability over it, light weight, and maybe handling, but what about low mid and high end power?

stock the predator has 46 hp.:eek2: steel braided brake lines, upgraded axel, fully adjustable suspension, and tops out around the low to mid 70's

im stuck in the middle:ermm:

stick with the 416, or go with the predator?? :confused2 :ermm:

08-24-2003, 08:50 AM
ive beaten predators with my 416..but if i was you..i would sell it and get either a yfz or wait for the new trx

stock400ex
08-24-2003, 08:52 AM
well the yfz is a little more money than i need to spend

but do you know about the price on the trx?

i can get a brand new predator for 5000

twisted threads
08-24-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by stock400ex
stock the predator has 46 hp.:eek2: steel braided brake lines, upgraded axel, fully adjustable suspension, and tops out around the low to mid 70's

A stock predator makes 46 HP??:confused: Thats hard to belive.:rolleyes: But may be it does.:o

stock400ex
08-24-2003, 09:15 AM
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/vtecivic10/2003StockPredator.jpg

sorry, not quite 46

more around 43

stock400ex
08-24-2003, 10:19 AM
bump

Black400
08-24-2003, 02:46 PM
i beat about 5 preds at little sahara last time i went and all i had then was wiseco piston (stock bore) , wb track cam and wb pipe dynpo jets. and preds are ugly... keep the 400 till the 450 comes out and get it.

Atreyu
08-24-2003, 02:49 PM
I would say predator...depends on type of riding...

TRX330EX
08-24-2003, 04:08 PM
keep the 416. all the polariss' i have owned and dealt with arent reliable

QuadJunkies
08-24-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by TRX330EX
keep the 416. all the polariss' i have owned and dealt with arent reliable Well I guess its hit amd miss then.............Mine has been AWESOME!:blah: depending what you want it for and everyone has ther own taste... Lots of choices, the Predator is an awesome machine as is the 450.Theres alot more than Drag racin a quad too. Our Predator has been beatin my a 450 ..BUT......Also beat one as well...:D the pipe helped and so did the K&N and some float adj. I personally think the Predator is very cool lookin.Its all in a personal preference...;)

Braff1
08-24-2003, 04:33 PM
I just got my Predator Saturday. Took it out to my parents farm and rode for about 3 hrs to break it in. Right now it is all stock and I can say while right now the bottom end needs some help. Once you get the thing wound up it is a handful in the power dept. Ths suspension is sweet and plush. Never had braided brake lines before but now I wish I had done it sooner.

Plus some other things that you didn't mention is it is Wider, about 1+ in the front, and the rear is equal to my LSR 2+ axle. the Wheel base is 1 inch longer. And it is running Maxxis tires with Razors on the back.

Tomorrow I am calling C&D about getting a HMF pipe and steering damper, and a 13 T counter sprocker (14 stock). These goodies should help out with the bottom end prob.

For the issue of yfz or ??? nes 450R, I can't afford the 7-8 k for a quad. I paid 5299.oo out the door, plus the dealer sold me the nerfs and K&N for 10% over his cost even through in the oil and filter for the 1 st oil change.

QuadJunkies
08-24-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Braff1
I just got my Predator Saturday. Took it out to my parents farm and rode for about 3 hrs to break it in. Right now it is all stock and I can say while right now the bottom end needs some help. Once you get the thing wound up it is a handful in the power dept. Ths suspension is sweet and plush. Never had braided brake lines before but now I wish I had done it sooner.

Plus some other things that you didn't mention is it is Wider, about 1+ in the front, and the rear is equal to my LSR 2+ axle. the Wheel base is 1 inch longer. And it is running Maxxis tires with Razors on the back.

Tomorrow I am calling C&D about getting a HMF pipe and steering damper, and a 13 T counter sprocker (14 stock). These goodies should help out with the bottom end prob.

For the issue of yfz or ??? nes 450R, I can't afford the 7-8 k for a quad. I paid 5299.oo out the door, plus the dealer sold me the nerfs and K&N for 10% over his cost even through in the oil and filter for the 1 st oil change. you will love the change is sprocket.... It will halp a ton..Mid range....kicken isnt it!!!!!:macho Hope you enjoy your new ride!!!!!!

08-24-2003, 05:03 PM
well the yfz is a little more money than i need to spend

but do you know about the price on the trx?

i can get a brand new predator for 5000

dont buy a predator , alot of guys have eben having problems with the ball joints and stuff but we all mx, if u dont mx get which ever one you think youll be happy with

QuadJunkies
08-24-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
dont buy a predator , alot of guys have eben having problems with the ball joints and stuff but we all mx, if u dont mx get which ever one you think youll be happy with hmm never had that problem wiht ours..... I know a few have had that problem,ALL new models are going to have probelms,alot of them were in the TLD Predator.The Z400 had there problems the 450 sounds like they are having ther eproblems, the Rappy has its problems.ect..... its just hit and miss on any of them really..I do believe that doing your routine maintence is KEY on the Predator.NOT ONE PERSON I know locally takes care of ther Predaotr like they are finding out why that is important..Oil changes they dont do like it says to they think"Nah, thats just overdoing it." well, I say do what the manual tells you to do then if it has issues then my extened warrenty will have a better chance of frixing it.I guess Ive been lucky only had a few small minor things go wrong had a great dealer who took good care of things and got it all under warrenty....Still runs like a champ and have no regrets what so ever so far...;)

twisted threads
08-24-2003, 08:12 PM

sorry, not quite 46

more around 43

Are you sure thats not with a pipe and K&N filter? Just seem kinda High (not flaming ;) )

QuadJunkies
08-25-2003, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by twisted threads
Are you sure thats not with a pipe and K&N filter? Just seem kinda High (not flaming ;) ) Yeah, thats a very reserved number to go with,Trinity claims with or pipe and mods to be 50 HP and 1--2 HP more wioth the K&N we have on it...:eek: They have a diagram somewhere Ill try and find it and post it here...;)

markeg192
08-25-2003, 06:42 PM
Kinda seems like everyone who buys a Preator is very happy with them doesn't it.

QuadJunkies
08-25-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by markeg192
Kinda seems like everyone who buys a Preator is very happy with them doesn't it. I sure am!:blah: ;) Even with a few of them that have had some troubles,still seem to be happy with them, I did read of two that had bad luck with the ones that first come off the assembly,Im glad I wasnt one of them people.......:)

twisted threads
08-25-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Yeah, thats a very reserved number to go with,Trinity claims with or pipe and mods to be 50 HP and 1--2 HP more wioth the K&N we have on it...:eek: They have a diagram somewhere Ill try and find it and post it here...;)

What kind of mods + a pipe and K&N to make 50-52 HP!:eek:
Thats a very high number unless your putting different pistons and head work and all that stuff in to it. My buddy has a Pred and he said with a pipe and K&N it only makes around 40-42 HP. I think 50 Hp is very high unless it has some major motor work done. Just my .02:D :cool:

QuadJunkies
08-26-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by twisted threads
What kind of mods + a pipe and K&N to make 50-52 HP!:eek:
Thats a very high number unless your putting different pistons and head work and all that stuff in to it. My buddy has a Pred and he said with a pipe and K&N it only makes around 40-42 HP. I think 50 Hp is very high unless it has some major motor work done. Just my .02:D :cool: Thats just what Randy told me at Trinity he has a graph I dont have it anymore Ill have to find where I saw it and post it here....I questioned it myself, and they stick to the claim.......