PDA

View Full Version : no plug color????

speedy400
08-24-2003, 03:59 AM
I ran my 416(just got done breaking the motor in). I have dyno main jet-65 in, pilot 42, 2 1/2 out air screw,dyno needle 3rd from top. I did a few plug chops, its not white or dark, or tan. it was just no color at all. Then I went riding for about 5 min, still no color!!!??!WTF-darren

nakomis0
08-24-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by speedy400
its not white or dark, or tan. it was just no color at all.

Holy crap! Is it invisible?!:blah:

It takes more than 5 minutes to get a color to it. Just ride it for like 30 minutes. Even if its a little lean it will be ok, unless its running super bad, like u seven jets to lean or something.

I use an older plug with some color already in it when I jet my bike, because its easier and faster to see a color change on the plug.

speedy400
08-24-2003, 07:01 AM
I adjusted the air screw almost all the way out, then a got a perfect tan color on it. Then the accual screw fell out while I was riding, so I have 3 new questions-what is the length of the threads on the screw? would anything fall out(spring ect.) if the screw fell out? then I'd just want to put a 45 pilot jet in and screw it almost all the way in right???I kinda know the answers I just want to make sure I dont screw up my new engine. thanks-darren

cals400ex
08-24-2003, 07:14 AM
what skrew fell out? the fuel skrew? if so there is a rubber washer on the fuel skrew. then there is a spring. then a washer, but i don't know if it is plastic or metal. then there is another rubber washer. i think you are only to go out 3 or 3.5 turns on the fuel skrew. you will need to ride it longer than a few minutes to get a plug reading. if your that lean on a 42 pilot, i would put in a 45 and turn the fuel skrew out about 2.5 turns and go from there.

speedy400
08-24-2003, 08:19 AM
yeah figures I was out almost 5 turns-oh well learn the hard way, I do it way too much.-darren