PDA

View Full Version : Got the bobcat stuck today in about 5 ft of mud

QuadR8cer12
08-23-2003, 02:53 PM
My friend brught his bob cat over today to fix up some of my jumps and make some new ones. Well we were taking it to this one area in my back yard to get some dirt. well when he was backing it out to go dump it he hit some reall soft dirt and sunk it into about a 5 to 6 ft mud hole. This isnt like a small bob cat it is one of the big ones. I think it is like a 938 or something. but it is not coming out it is still down in my backyard still. we tried to pull it out with another bob cat that is a lil smaller. I think it is a 830 somethin and it wouldnt pull it out. Anyone have any Ideas on how to get it out.... It is stuck soo bad. It has tracks on it and it got stuck. We might hav to go and rent a huge dozer to pull it out.
I have pics of it but I dont have the cord with me to hook te digi cam up to the cmputer. I should have it on monday though....But if an one has any ideas on how to get it out let me know ... Has anyone else ever gotten there cat stuck??

gun32boarder
08-23-2003, 03:00 PM
you might have to dig it out or jam 2x4s to try to get traction on the wheels. i have a skidsteer and 3 other machines and its no fun being stuck

Ram2500V10
08-23-2003, 03:07 PM
Put some wood under the bucket of the stuck bobcat and use it to lift the front wheels up... then slide some wood under the front wheels of the bobcat and try to pull/drive it out with the other bobcat.

jmoney45
08-23-2003, 03:08 PM
I know how you feel. We got a rented bobcat stuck last fall and my friend towed it out with his truck. It was a small bobcat though and his truck has a V10 in it. You may need something with a winch if it's a big bobcat. Good luck.
http://www.james-mcdonald.net/images/ATVimages/stuck3.jpg

jmoney45
08-23-2003, 03:10 PM
:eek:
http://www.james-mcdonald.net/images/ATVimages/stuck2.jpg

4wheelboy
08-23-2003, 03:11 PM
did u try digging urself out with it?:confused:

QuadR8cer12
08-23-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by jmoney45
I know how you feel. We got a rented bobcat stuck last fall and my friend towed it out with his truck. It was a small bobcat though and his truck has a V10 in it. You may need something with a winch if it's a big bobcat. Good luck.

That bob cat isnt even close to the size of the one we have stuck.... ours is in suck deep mud that the one you gt stuck would be in mudd over the seat.....

jmoney45
08-23-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
That bob cat isnt even close to the size of the one we have stuck.... ours is in suck deep mud that the one you gt stuck would be in mudd over the seat.....

Like I said you may need a winch or some other heavy equipment to get it out. I don't think a smaller bobcat will do it. I do remember that the more we tried to get it out by itself the farther it would sink. Those pics are actually after we towed it out a little. It was sunk up to the top of the tires.

QuadR8cer12
08-23-2003, 03:14 PM
theres no digging yourself ota ths myud we ould be going into even deeper mud

QuadR8cer12
08-23-2003, 03:18 PM
we had two winches hooked from a jeep and a truck and the other bob cat pulling it and it didnt move at all.:(

Striker49
08-23-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
we had two winches hooked from a jeep and a truck and the other bob cat pulling it and it didnt move at all.:(

Now see...you should have hooked up the 416...it wouldve got that ****** out all by itself. :blah:

You got a tracked bob-cat stuck...geez. Go find a large farm tractor or find someone with a dozer. :confused2

QuadR8cer12
08-23-2003, 04:41 PM
That is what we are prolly going to have to do...anyone know how much it is to rent a big dover/tractor??

pineway
08-23-2003, 05:31 PM
go rent a backhoe for the day that way you can use the back to dig it out. With the bobcat, try using the bucket to manuever yourself around. Like pushing down into the ground and pulling it forward to move forward if you understand what im saying.letting it sit overnight might not be the best thing beacuse it can settle in the mud.

Striker49
08-23-2003, 05:32 PM
Talk to some local farmers, maybe someone you know, that has a large tractor that they could help you with your problem. :p

QuadR8cer12
08-23-2003, 05:35 PM
we tried moving it around with the bucket...it didnt work... the mud is to soft to really give us the support we need to get it out like that

I am currently lookin for some farmers lol

J25
08-23-2003, 06:01 PM
ive been in the same spot so heres some ideas.

tilt the bucket all the way for ward like when you go to dump dirt, and out it as close to the ground as posible, hook a chain on to the top of the bucket and make it as tight as possible, then try raising the bucket up to lurch it forward some, once its as high as you can go w/o tipping or anything, turn the ucket back to pull some more and then do this over again and itghten the chain

QuadR8cer12
08-23-2003, 06:07 PM
I am kind of confused with that??:confused: but we cant go forwards because thats deeper mud in front of us...sooo would this plan not work?? we hav to take it out going backwards

J25
08-23-2003, 06:15 PM
ok if you put the bucket all the way down tie a chain to it and to sumthin ahead of it, when you lift the bicket into the air it will move it forward some

it all depends on how deep the mud is

Martin Blair
08-23-2003, 07:09 PM
so then if you need to move backward put the bucket up, hook it to soemthign behind, and put the bucket down.

A big 4wd tractor would help, you could also try to rent like a 30,000lb hydrolic winch, i dunno wat you would hook it to, but that would yank it out of there, also you could try to get a tractor, like 18 wheeler, and pull it out.

Or if you hve frined in the military get one of those twin rorotor helicoptor to pick it straight up and put it on dry ground.

crap-banshee32
08-23-2003, 07:25 PM
get a huge crane from somewhere and life the thing right out!!
:eek2: :p

i wanna c the pics

IM me on aol sometime and send them....mx416ex.....sounds like its stuck pretty bad

Pvt. Maggot
08-23-2003, 08:01 PM
you could go hire like 1000 migits that might work...maybe 2000 to make sure:devil:

hmm...sounds like you have a problem. renting a big dozer sounds like the best idea....and just pull it out...:)

insane250Racer
08-24-2003, 05:14 AM
start puttin alot of dry dirt or watever u can find to try and get some traction

nky400
08-24-2003, 05:30 AM
shove a water hose under it. The water will release the suction that the mud is putting on it. Then you can pull it out.

QuadR8cer12
08-24-2003, 05:47 AM
we have a big bull dozer coming to pull it out in lil while...It should pull it out easy. I will get some pics of that too.. will have the pics up on monday though

stock400ex
08-24-2003, 10:34 AM
sweet

fun stuff:p

MojaveKing
08-24-2003, 10:53 AM
alrigth....i think that should work....if not tell me and i will give u some idea's....u better have some pictures!!!:devil: better man:devil:

QuadR8cer12
08-24-2003, 12:02 PM
we got it out!!!:D we had to get this huge wrecker to pull it out with this monster winch. That thing was soo dirty. It took ferever to clean but I am soooo glad its out! I have pics but I dont hae the cord to put em on the comp but I should have it tomarrow...

Rip_Tear
08-24-2003, 02:30 PM
Wow, sounds pretty bad, nothing I couldn't handle though! I have a 40XT Case and a 580 E back hoe (case aswell) and I have had both stuck real good! you just have to know what to do... with the skidsteer all I did was lift it up with the bucket and filled the mud with rocks. But it depends on the situation and what is around you to deal with, I have a big chain come along aswell... But I have a lot of junk, to lift and move stuff so I guess I am a cheater.... My dad moves buildings... so I am never really "stuck" :devil: ;) :p :macho

4wheelboy
08-24-2003, 04:24 PM
i was gona say find some one with a duece and a half:devil:

300exQuadracer
08-25-2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by pineway
go rent a backhoe for the day that way you can use the back to dig it out. With the bobcat, try using the bucket to manuever yourself around. Like pushing down into the ground and pulling it forward to move forward if you understand what im saying.letting it sit overnight might not be the best thing beacuse it can settle in the mud.

whenever i get stuck i just do that 1st off you gotta have farm smarts to use equiptment,
if i lived in texas i`d bring over the big John Deere 8420 with front wheel assist and pull that loader out in a sec