View Full Version : a few questions for you guys

J25
08-23-2003, 10:25 AM
1) im gonna be getting my frame painted. Its almost like powdercoating but instead the paint is a lliquid that is baked on. SHould i do red frame w/ blue arms and red plastic or blue frame and red arms and red plastic. and ill do the hubs the same color as the arms.

2)when i go to get this painted what should i do about prepping the frame, like the bolt holes, wll they be ok if theyre painted?? what about the hubs, is it ok if paint gets inside of them? and the swingarm where it bolts to the frame should i get a bolt to put through there so no paint gets in there?

Thanks i hope all of you can help me out :confused:

J25
08-23-2003, 11:30 AM
ne one:ermm:

outacontrol31
08-23-2003, 11:33 AM
get a bunch of corks to put in all of the holes, like they did on a rim on the tv show orange county choppers:devil:

4wheelboy
08-23-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by outacontrol31
get a bunch of corks to put in all of the holes, like they did on a rim on the tv show orange county choppers:devil:

good idea:D

cudaman
08-23-2003, 04:26 PM
you should get a blue frame with red parts. look much better.

J25
08-23-2003, 04:30 PM
does anyone no of ne bikes with that color scheme

the cork idea ITS GENIOUS lol i remember watchin that when they put all them corks in it, i wonder where i can get them

JOEX
08-23-2003, 05:11 PM
Color scheme is a personal thing IMO. It doesn't matter what the rest of us think.

If someone else is doing the painting ask then what prep work needs to be done. They should know. Putting bolts in the holes seems like a better idea but I wouldn't screw them in all the way, leave some threads showing. I would think there would be less chance of the paint peeling off the exposed areas when removing the bolts.

If you want to use cork you might find them at a craft store or hobby shop.

Joe