PDA

View Full Version : friend crashed my quad last night

ridesa02400EX
08-23-2003, 07:30 AM
i havent riden for about a month becuase of a flat tire so yesterday i rode it down to my friends house so he could put a plug in it. after he plugged it he went to go find our friends who were ridin around so he took off and i hear him start to come back then i hear it just stop. then one of our friends on a dirtbike come down and tell me that he flipped my qaudso i go up there and i see my quad upside down and my friend with one of my other friends and he is all bloody. so run back down to the house and tell my friends grandma to get ready to go to the hospital. then my friend who crashed comes back down to the house and he has a 3 inch long cut on the side of his face almost all the way through his cheek, a pretty deep cut above his eye, and a few scrapes on his side so they left to the hospital and i went up to see the damage on my quad. i get there and flip it over and the first thing i notice is that the same tire we just put a plug in has a huge tear in it, my grip is ripped off, the threads got ripped right out of my clutch perch, my start button is gone, my bar pad is shredded, and there is a huge rip in my seat cover. and the thing that sucked the most was i didnt even get to ride it and now i have to get at least new front tires and a clutch perch before i get to ride it

GNCC#829
08-23-2003, 07:37 AM
Sorry to hear that!

AtvMxRider
08-23-2003, 08:24 AM
Thats why NOBODY rides my chit. I didn't pay $5000 for some dumbass to tear it up.

Fast250EX
08-23-2003, 09:37 AM
They should make a sticker, "Only I'M allowed to crash my quad!!"

Anyway, I hope it works out for ya' man.

ridesa02400EX
08-23-2003, 10:28 AM
i just found out that it was worse than the little cuts on his face i guess his eye was out of its socket and he had to go into two hours of surgery to get it fixed he broke a toe and like his collar bone or somethin and he hyper extended his leg im just glad hes not dead

Rip_Tear
08-23-2003, 01:59 PM
wow what a lucky guy, atleast he's not dead. I wouldn't let someone ride my ATV just after I fixed something on, because you don't know if it buggers up. Hope he turns out alright!

4wheelboy
08-23-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by ridesa02400EX
i just found out that it was worse than the little cuts on his face i guess his eye was out of its socket and he had to go into two hours of surgery to get it fixed he broke a toe and like his collar bone or somethin and he hyper extended his leg im just glad hes not dead

if he dint get that hurt i woulda kicked his ***:scary:

AtvMxRider
08-24-2003, 12:20 AM
Was he wearing a helmet?

trailburner
08-24-2003, 02:09 AM
Friends don't let friends drive there quads.........:D

honda400exrider
08-24-2003, 04:34 AM
Im sorry to hear about that happening but thats good that hes alright at least:ermm:

MITrail400EX
08-24-2003, 05:17 AM
From the sounds of his injuries, it doesn't sound like he was wearing a helmet. If he was, it definitly saved his life. If not, (as bad as this sounds) I bet he will from now on. I'm glad your friend survived, but everyone needs to realize that this is exactly the type of thing that the eco-freaks and safety-first pricks feed on. If they hear about something like this, no doubt they will use it as ammunition in their fight against the ATV manufacturers. Ride safe.

ghost_ryder
08-24-2003, 08:06 AM
that sucks dude

ridesa02400EX
08-24-2003, 04:58 PM
ya he wasnt wearing a helmet and i already talked to him about that today and gave him the whole lectur about how helmets can save your life and if he would have been wearing one the injuries wouldnt have been half as bad

250x#93
09-07-2003, 10:20 PM
Yeah that really sux, I let my friend ride mine and he rolled it three times into the woods, he just had bruises and was sore, and I needed new handlebars and handgaurds, so mine wasn't quite so bad, but i sure am careful now of who I let ride it:devil:

Dune Surfer
09-07-2003, 11:04 PM
Bumer for him, Now after the stupid arse heals he can pay for the damage he did to your quad. It's called common sense and responsibility.
Next time someone wants to ride your quad just say NO. The very first day I had my new 400ex one of my buddies wrecked it. I feel your pain.

balla250ex
09-08-2003, 09:17 AM
Yea, I don't let ppl ride my quad man....I mean I will if they let me ride their's, but only if I trust them 100%...And that is only around the yard, so no trails or nuttin.

I once had 2 friends that had a bayou (woot woot!) and a lakota sport...Well, they let 2 of they're friends that happened to be brothers ride their 2 quads. Well, whatta u know, one of them locked up the brakes in the middle of the trail and turned sideways, and the other one hit him and they both flipped and screwed up the 2 quads bad....And the owners of the 2 quads had to pay for the damage!!!!!

No helmets or nuttin...Luckily they only were sore the next day...But whoever says helmets are for wussies is lying...If it were'nt for my helmet I would be dead right now and would'nt be typing this post. Yall plz ride safe...don't wanna hear no horror stories.

RideRed250ex
10-07-2003, 09:18 PM
My friends and I look at it this way you ride mine i ride yours...you wreck it you pay it....ohh and always wear the helmet...eye coming out of the socket that sucks hope hes alright... :huh

02Edge/400ex
10-09-2003, 03:04 PM
Asking to ride my quad is like me asking to spend a night with your wife.....it ain't happening!!!!!

Johnny & Monica
10-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by RideRed250ex
My friends and I look at it this way you ride mine i ride yours...you wreck it you pay it....ohh and always wear the helmet...eye coming out of the socket that sucks hope hes alright... :huh OH so true but if someone wrecks your stuff an tear`s it up. Your the one responable for paying for the damages.Your the dummy who let them on.I`ve kicked my own *** over this one many times.