PDA

View Full Version : Racing Tips

400exJOE
01-26-2002, 07:50 PM
if anyone has tips on racing (any terrain), lets here them. How to take turns faster, jumping, passing, starts,...etc. I think it would be cool to hear some tricks and hints from all you racers on getting around the track faster.:D

Tommy 17
01-26-2002, 08:01 PM
ummm a trick that helped me on the holeshot is not to watch the actual gate but watch next to the dog house u will see a bar when u see that bar move then u dump ur clutch. its the bar that drops the gate. also how i holeshot i let the clutch out just to where it starts to move the quad, and hold in the front break. then give it 1/3 gas in 1st gear. then all at one time when i see that bar move i dump the clutch let go of the break and punch the gas wide open... i always was in the top of the holeshot and this works really good with my quad.... also when u start lean over the tank soon as u get goin get ur big @$$ over the back tires then soon as ur hit the turn and start to break back up again...

roostfrom250ex
01-26-2002, 08:11 PM
NO COASTING !

JustRace
01-26-2002, 08:15 PM
Don't let off of the gas on the face of a jump. If you do you could get real personal with the ground.

JabberJaw
01-26-2002, 08:41 PM
Buy a fast bike, and hold the throttle full until you win or crash....

01-26-2002, 09:36 PM
start...just like 400ex21 said only i started on my 400 in second

turns...nevr sit flat on your seat except the start always be standing or hangin off the side in the turns

jumps.... if somebody is or has done it befoere it can be done....or if you feel brave enough go for it...

and as roost from 250ex said don't coast either be on the gas or the brakes

and always be attackin the track don't let the track attack you....toby

01-27-2002, 12:20 PM
if theres a really slow guy in front of you yell get out of my way till he moves. It works

racerMX
01-28-2002, 11:22 PM
Since i will not be racing against any of you.At the starting gate don't shift into gear untill you see the flag guy turn the sign sideways.The later you shift into gear the better,b/c the clutch will start to get hot and be less efective.Turning,use the gas to turn the back of the bike around.Don't stop then turn,fly into the turn,turn the bars and hit the gas.Jumps if you race MX make sure that you buy the best or near best suspention set up for your bike.Don't sacrifice money in suspention or you will be giving money to the ER.Passing jsut wait for thr rider ion front to make a mistake,watch him around the track once,see what line he takes,than next lap go the way you know he's not going.

chech my quad in the rides sec.

2nd page of 250r's/ tony's bike