PDA

View Full Version : Uni filter vs. stock

atv223
08-22-2003, 02:48 PM
I have an '02 300EX and was wondering if a Uni filter will flow better than the stock air filter.

Also, and thoughts about Uni vs. Twn-Air?

AtvMxRider
08-22-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by atv223
I have an '02 300EX and was wondering if a Uni filter will flow better than the stock air filter.

Also, and thoughts about Uni vs. Twn-Air?

Yes it will flow better than stock. Uni and Twin air are about the same it just personal preference. I like the UNI myself.

Magicfan25
08-22-2003, 02:56 PM
me and my cousin both have twin airs on our 300s. My cousin put the filter on before he got his pipe, couldnt tell any difference. Im sure it makes one if you have exhaust work though.

MOFO
08-22-2003, 03:07 PM
by just changing your air filter alone, you will not notice a difference no matter what you buy. It just compliments other mods such as airbox mods and exhausts. My choice is UNI... great filter and airflow.

Woodsrider
08-22-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
by just changing your air filter alone, you will not notice a difference no matter what you buy. It just compliments other mods such as airbox mods and exhausts. My choice is UNI... great filter and airflow.

Except in sound from the air box. I noticed more sound from the airbox over the stock filter.:ermm:

AtvMxRider
08-23-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by soggyrider
Except in sound from the air box. I noticed more sound from the airbox over the stock filter.:ermm:

Thats because it's taking in more air.

cals400ex
08-23-2003, 05:48 AM
i personally wouldn't buy a new aftermarket airfilter unless your factory one is worn out. i have used stock, uni, twin air, and K&N. i do believe the K&N flows the best, but it doesn't trap the fine dirt as well. i noticed no performance gain with either 3 foam filters and i run an open airbox lid. it was jetted several times and i thought all filters gave the same power.