PDA

View Full Version : how are kenda knarly tires

exrider123
08-22-2003, 01:13 PM
im thinking of purchasing some kenda knarly tires from rocky mountain for (48 bucks) how are knarlys as overall tires and how do they do in occasional mud riding and is that a good price for them

AtvMxRider
08-22-2003, 01:21 PM
Why not get them form C&D I think they are cheaper.

Wingnut
08-22-2003, 01:24 PM
They are a good tire for soft dirt and they suprized me at how well they get traction in the mud, but once the edge of the tread gets rounded the tires just spin. For me that was about three races.

mx400
08-22-2003, 01:33 PM
a good tire for accantional mud riding and just overall trails would be the Mud Shark. that tire handles very well. the knarlys are ok but like wingnut said once u round them they just spin. i would look into a set of klaw xcr/xcf tires. they handle the mud pretty well and do good on trails. also look into some holeshots XCs. they extremely good in mud

remlapr
08-22-2003, 02:08 PM
They suck - if you want more info look for my past post, I think I've managed to bash them in at least 20 different threads by now....

bmw500hp
08-23-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by mx400
a good tire for accantional mud riding and just overall trails would be the Mud Shark. that tire handles very well. the knarlys are ok but like wingnut said once u round them they just spin. i would look into a set of klaw xcr/xcf tires. they handle the mud pretty well and do good on trails. also look into some holeshots XCs. they extremely good in mud

If your gonna get Kenda's the general consensus seems to end up being "go with the Klaws"....

Holeshot 20"xc and especially the 22"xct (wider space and deeper lugs) do quite well and bite good even as they wear down. Not to mention strong sidewals and holeshot's patented bead protector.

It's hard to beat the 22"xct's for all around rough terrain performance and durability.