PDA

View Full Version : Wreck real bad today

WalshKFX
08-22-2003, 12:17 PM
today i went riding in uxbridge, mass at a mx track and wrecked pretty good. i came around last corners before the three jumps in a row and went off a tiny jump off to the side. i landed fine but when i landed , my tag x-5 bars snapped off and the throttle suck. i was in 4th pinned with the throttle pinned. my quad was heading for a good size jump. i decieded to bail when i did my quad flew off the side of the jump and rolled about 2 times. i took out a sprinkler which was pretty funny to watch when they started to water the track. any way my new tether that i got didnt work. i had my dealer install it about a month ago. damage constist off bend plastic on left side, bent front plastic mount, broken rear monuts, junk tag bars, and possibly a bent stem( havent really check out my quad that good. do u guys think i should bring the quad to dealers and have pay cuz the tether wasnt installed right? also should i contact tag see how their bars snapped? anyway idk why they snapped like that. i thought tags were good . they are basicly like renthals( same size 7/8") anyway im fine glad i bailed or else i would be injuried real bad. pics will be coming soon whenever i can get some. tell me what u guys think i should do. thanks

Later

Tony:(

Narly R
08-22-2003, 12:21 PM
WOW! Glad to hear your ok! Did ur bike go flying over the jump?:eek:

chucked
08-22-2003, 12:24 PM
ur lucky, thats nothing, this is what happened to me...

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2657037&uid=1369635&members=1

sickmojave
08-22-2003, 12:33 PM
Damn dude glad to hear you OK.:eek: who ever installed the tether would be hearing from me:macho

wilkin250r
08-22-2003, 12:36 PM
I would definitely raise a chit storm with the dealer and tag, neither should have happened.

I doubt you can get the dealer to pay for the damages, but you can certainly try.

I bet you can get Tag to give you a new set of handlebars for free.

AtvMxRider
08-22-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I would definitely raise a chit storm with the dealer and tag, neither should have happened.

I doubt you can get the dealer to pay for the damages, but you can certainly try.

I bet you can get Tag to give you a new set of handlebars for free.

Yeah I agree I would definetly raise some hell.

WalshKFX
08-22-2003, 01:48 PM
dont u worry. the dealer and tag will have alot to hear. my quad went of the side and it rolled twice :mad:

damn dude sorry to hear. that looks like it hurt

KrazyKid300ex
08-22-2003, 01:52 PM
Man that must of sucked! oh wait i saw everything happen.. duh yea i would ask Harlen about those bars and i would go rambo on Enfeild motorsports. coming around corner 4th gear and it sticks and you bail as the quad barrel rolls twice while taking out a sprinkler. looked like old faithful when then turned water on thats for sure. but dude save your money and start a winter rebuild early. need any help then holler. im 5 min. away. order some beadlocks soon too...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: if you get the money. i would check your throttle cable. check were it goes into the carb and in the throttle housing on the bars, or wait on the piece of bar hanging there. ill come take pics tomorrow hopefully if we don't go to rocky hill. might have to go sunday but anyway how does the pitcher of sprite feel?

TC17
08-22-2003, 02:02 PM
that sucks man. good thing you didn't hurt yourself. yeah i'd definitly talk to Tag and i'd ***** at the dealer.

honda400exrider
08-22-2003, 02:03 PM
Holy **** im glad to hear your alright. I would try to get money, if not, a new pair of bars and killswith:devil:

WalshKFX
08-22-2003, 02:06 PM
well i just came in from looking at my quad. i got the fenders to straighten as good as they can. so far i need new bars. my dad doesnt want me to ***** at the dealer. we are just gonna fix it ourselves. any i may give tag a call. idk if it is worth it tho. idk.

TheX1992
08-22-2003, 04:44 PM
this might be the reason your tether didnt work. the tether i think either grounds to the handelbars or the frame. im not sure....and i have a tether too lol. if yours grounds to the handelbars, when they came of, you have no ground....but if it grounds to the frame (99% sure if done right), it may have ripped off. check the connections

Martin Blair
08-22-2003, 05:08 PM
damn i would have bailed to, your lucky you made tht dicision that would ahve sucked.

TheRedRebel17
08-22-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
damn i would have bailed to, your lucky you made tht dicision that would ahve sucked.

How can you not notice yoru tether didnt work before?:confused:

Nausty
08-22-2003, 05:25 PM
what do you mean the tether didn't work? The quad wouldn't stop rolling?

If thats the case your tether probably worked and killed the motor but seeing you were in 4th gear the motor didn't have enough compression to lock up the rear tires or have a considerate amount of stopping force. Also bars arn't indesructable right when I got my tag bars I bent them on my first roll over a few days later and I just rode with them bent for a year and they never got worse but if the bars bent or broke from just a landing or something like that I can't see them bending but from rolling it over I definetly can. 400lbs plus a lotta leverage and momentum can do a lot to a set of bars!

TheRedRebel17
08-22-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Nausty

If thats the case your tether probably worked and killed the motor but seeing you were in 4th gear the motor didn't have enough compression to lock up the rear tires or have a considerate amount of stopping force. Also bars arn't indesructable right when I got my tag bars I bent them on my first roll over a few days later and I just rode with them bent for a year and they never got worse but if the bars bent or broke from just a landing or something like that I can't see them bending but from rolling it over I definetly can. 400lbs plus a lotta leverage and momentum can do a lot to a set of bars!

Plus some of the handlebar manufactores recomend filing down the edges of the bar clamps, so they bend instead of break:ermm:

chucked
08-22-2003, 05:34 PM
at least it was the bars that broke and not your wrist

RIjon
08-22-2003, 06:31 PM
but seeing you were in 4th gear the motor didn't have enough compression to lock up the rear tires or have a considerate amount of stopping force.

WTF :confused:

chucked
08-22-2003, 07:13 PM
WTF

no, that sounds about right, get ur quad into 4th gear and then kill the engine. i bet i rolls a good bit

250x#93
08-23-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by chucked
no, that sounds about right, get ur quad into 4th gear and then kill the engine. i bet i rolls a good bit

Yeah get ur quad in 4th pinned and I bet it rolls even farther:o

MxDale71
08-23-2003, 07:32 AM
Ya, if you're 4th gear pinned and kill the motor, it's still gonna role a bit. What Nausty said is exactly right. Thats the same reason it's easier to push start a quad or bike in 3rd gear than it is in 1st gear cause in 1st the tire will just lock up and slide.

Also, if you have ever rolled or wrecked before w/ those bars, you should check everything out to make sure there aren't any cracks. I'm not to sure if TAG will work w/ you about your bars breakin. They are good bars, but nothing is indestructable and you probably already had a crack in them from a previous incident. TAG won't be so quick to give away a new set of bars because there is no way for them to be sure if you really did break them just by landing or if you wadded up and broke them and are just trying to get a free set of bars. I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just saying there is no way for the company to know that for sure and I'm sure there are plenty of people that have wadded up and tried to say the part malfunctioned and tried to get a new part for free.

If you kill switch really didn't shut off the motor, than yes, your dealership should be held responsible, but again, it's hard to know if something like that really happened or if someone just says that to get free parts.

Got Huevos?
08-23-2003, 07:44 AM

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2657037&uid=1369635&members=1

why do u keep posting those like they mean something? thats nuthing i've seen and ecountered alot worse.

Ralph
08-23-2003, 07:49 AM

he cracked them when landing off a small jump.. thats not normal at all

KrazyKid300ex
08-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Just put it this way Tony. you are one lucky *** mofo. seeing how many times that kfx has been flipped or battered around(not by you but your tree hugging techniques) your frame has still held up to everything so FAR. hopefully nothing else will happen. Oh and you missed a awsome day today. :devil: :devil: :devil:

WalshKFX
08-23-2003, 11:29 AM
i have never rolled my quad with the new tag bars. i got them because i started goin to mx tracks and my stock bars kept bending. i do agree with u and i understand but like i said i have never rolled the quad with the new bars. when i call tag, im not gonna ***** if i dont recieve new bars. if they say no then thats it
nothing i can do about. i dont want to make a big deal out of it and i dont wan to give tag a bad name becuase of what happened.

hessianmx111
08-23-2003, 11:31 AM
did you remove the crossbar? if so its your own fault. but if not id be raisin some hell for sure.

WalshKFX
08-23-2003, 11:33 AM
Just put it this way Tony. you are one lucky *** mofo. seeing how many times that kfx has been flipped or battered around(not by you but your tree hugging techniques) your frame has still held up to everything so FAR. hopefully nothing else will happen.

yea before i got my bars they quad took some spills in the wookds. because of that i dont like ridng trails. look at what happened to me at the nike site. bent rim and rolled quad because of over grown vines that hooked by bar and flipped me. oh well. thats why i go to rocky hill and uxbridge to saty away from things like that happeing in the woods. thats why this winter im gonna fix my quad up real nice and fix the little stuff that got messed from the when i got my quad is april. no more trail riding or sandpits. :o

WalshKFX
08-23-2003, 11:36 AM
did you remove the crossbar?

no i did not remove it. i bought because off the cross bar. i think that cross bar is a good idea. btw im thinking about goin with tag t2's. my question to the guys that have them is how do they hold up?

thanks

Tony

MxDale71
08-23-2003, 11:58 AM
I'm glad you're mature enough to understand what I was saying. Most people would get all p!ssed off and think that I was calling them a liar.

Anyways, you might want to look into some Fat bars. Whether they be Renthal, Pro Taper, TAG, Universal, or Azonic, they are all good bars. They are actually so strong that a lot of times the clamps will bend before the bars will, which is why I just went w/ some regular sized Pro Tapers, but that is more of a problem on the bikes than it is on quads since you guys can't really lay a quad over. So Fat bars work really well on quads.

If you get the TAG T2 bars, you'll have to buy a fat bar clamp kit since those wont' fit in the stock clamps.

Another option would be twinwall bars but they are pretty expensive and, IMO, not really worth the extra money compared to the fat bars.

KrazyKid300ex
08-23-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Crazy300EXMan97
yea before i got my bars they quad took some spills in the wookds. because of that i dont like ridng trails. look at what happened to me at the nike site. bent rim and rolled quad because of over grown vines that hooked by bar and flipped me. oh well. thats why i go to rocky hill and uxbridge to saty away from things like that happeing in the woods. thats why this winter im gonna fix my quad up real nice and fix the little stuff that got messed from the when i got my quad is april. no more trail riding or sandpits. :o

my quad will look better after the winter! j/k. ours will both be awsome race machine for sure next spring!

KrazyKid300ex
08-23-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Crazy300EXMan97
no i did not remove it. i bought because off the cross bar. i think that cross bar is a good idea. btw im thinking about goin with tag t2's. my question to the guys that have them is how do they hold up?

thanks

Tony

yo tony... t2's cost alot because you need the special stem clamp thing because they are 1 1/8" bars not 7/8 like the x-5's and stockers

WalshKFX
08-23-2003, 02:17 PM
yea i know about the special bar clamp. i think im done ridng till next spring so ill just buy the parts when i get money. im not gonna rush.

KrazyKid300ex
08-23-2003, 02:18 PM
i need $$$$$$$$$$ and i will start modding heavily

chucked
08-23-2003, 02:29 PM
why do u keep posting those like they mean something? thats nuthing i've seen and ecountered alot worse.

6 months without walking, 2 and a half months in a cast, a month of physical therapy is nothing at all? of coarse not

insane250Racer
08-24-2003, 05:20 AM

Crap man,my leg looks somethin like that I got a 12in rod and 2 screws in it sucks i did it in april and damn thing still hurts haha

chucked
08-24-2003, 07:17 AM
Crap man,my leg looks somethin like that I got a 12in rod and 2 screws in it sucks i did it in april and damn thing still hurts haha

i did mine in june and i still cant walk, i preyty much lost all mobility in my ankle and i cant even stretch it to fit in the boot i have to wear. Do you get the rod or any screws removed? I have to get the top 2 removed in october so I can start putting weight on it, or else they may break or come loose.

insane250Racer
08-24-2003, 10:27 AM
yea i get the rod removed in about 9 months and i got the lower screw removed like 3 weeks ago

chucked
08-24-2003, 10:45 AM
when you get it removed do you have to be awake? mines inpatient so all theyre going to do is numb my leg so i get to hear the drill backing out the screw.
can you walk on it?

insane250Racer
08-24-2003, 01:48 PM
no when they say awake they dont mean physically awake they said the same to me i wanted to hear the drill n stuff..ne way they give u this shot and the u feel like ur drunk n thats all u remember they say awake because ur not under that deep...yea I walked on it practically the day i got it done gimping around........ OH YEA! ask to keep the screw i kept mine its sweet

chucked
08-24-2003, 02:18 PM
yea i already plan to ask to keep the screw. there was a chunk of bone broken off i was gonna ask to keep but it re-fused itself to the rest of the bone. I could walk on it but i cant move my foot up enough to walk.

insane250Racer
08-25-2003, 10:46 AM
cool yea the whole ankel movement take a little while to come back like a for 4 weeks after my ankel was stiff as a bored it wouldnt bend up or down so it was hard to walk but theropy helps ALOT now im walking around n stuff rode my dale a little yesterday but still not able to run but that will come back eventually now my ankel is 99% back to normal use but my legg is still sore like if i sit down a while then try to walk its stiff as hell so i stretch before i start just a little hint it helps alot

chucked
08-25-2003, 12:28 PM
cool, now i dont use the boot im supposed to, so when i walk with the crutches I can kinda use my bad ankle to walk on so I can work on getting it stretched again. It doesnt hurt when I put weight on it but when i take it off it does. Its sore all the time now from moving it alot. Ive been riding my 400 for about a week now. I went for a while yesterday (abotu 3 hrs) i never got out of 2nd gear though. and i avoid hills so i dont have to stand up. But I can shift which is a good exercise.

insane250Racer
08-25-2003, 02:22 PM
yea just keep workin on it even when ur sittin around the house always keep it movin .. yea use the ctrutches to walk on it best thing for pain i found is Aleve it works great

chucked
08-25-2003, 02:29 PM
cool, thats for the tips