PDA

View Full Version : How do I install my DG alloy nerfs?

LSDDan
08-22-2003, 12:04 PM
First time poster here any help would be appreciated.
I just got my DG alloy nerfs today for my 400ex and i can't figure out how they go on. I looked on the DG website for instructions but couldn't find any. The one thing i did notice was that my nerfs look different than the picture.
I got the bar that goes across the front and connects the nerfs but i cant figure out where it's supposed to mount to my Ex. Then the picture shows the one mounting piece going behind the peg. the way the nerfs i got today are shaped, for the front to connect to the bar, the mounting piece would have to go on the backside of the foot peg. I dont know if i got the wrong ones or what the hell's goin on here so please help!

Tommy 17
08-22-2003, 12:17 PM
the bracket for the foot pegs goes towards the back of the quad... the nerf bar comes behind the pegs...

the front of the nerfs mount together onto a piece of tubin... the tubin then has u bolts that go round the frame...

let me see if i can find a old pic of my 400ex b4 i switched to ac pro pegs...

Magicfan25
08-22-2003, 12:17 PM
ive got a 300 so it might be different. this is assuming youre re-using the stock foot pegs.

For me to put the DG alloys on you take off the foot pegs and the plastic splash guard behind your foot. There was a large spacer welded into one side of the nerf bar mount and thats where the longer bolt went. get these bolts started DO NOT TIGHTEN YET!

the bar that goes across the front goes infront of the motor. it takes some wiggling to get the bars to slide into eachother. The Ubolt goes around the the bar and around the frame rail directly under it on each side.

Hope this helps

LSDDan
08-22-2003, 12:22 PM
i looked at it again and i understand about the tube sliding into each other, it just appears the the mounting bracket for the foot peg doesn't face the right way. If i took the nerfs by themselves without any of the mounting hardware i thought the hollow parts of the nerf should both face the machine. What i'm looking at here, the front hollow part faces the right direction but the back hollow faces the front instead of towards the machine.

Also, i dont c a spot for that bracket to go.

Thanks for the help so far

LSDDan
08-22-2003, 12:23 PM
oh, and i my tubin in the front is one long piece with a plate welded on it and i have a second plate with 2 bolts welded on it that fits with it, just want to make sure that sounds right

LSDDan
08-23-2003, 04:29 AM
if someone could maybe just post a close-up pic of theirs then i'd know if i had the right ones because i think i've been shipped the wrong ones thanks