PDA

View Full Version : Question for those that have broken shifter shaft

L.Vegas400
08-22-2003, 08:28 AM
for those of you that have broken the shifter on your bikes, did you have stock shifters or were they billet aluminum or beefed up? i go tto thinking the reason for the weak stockers is so they dont break other stuff thats harder to fix!?!?

Narly R
08-22-2003, 09:00 AM
WHAT!?:huh I broke the casing around my shift lever!:mad: If ur stock isnt broken I wouldnt mess with it...:ermm:

L.Vegas400
08-22-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Narly R
WHAT!?:huh I broke the casing around my shift lever!:mad: If ur stock isnt broken I wouldnt mess with it...:ermm:
thats what im getting at. was yours an aftermarket or stock shifter? im not gonna change it, just currious

Narly R
08-22-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by L.Vegas400
thats what im getting at. was yours an aftermarket or stock shifter? im not gonna change it, just currious

OH! I see what you mean!;)

kgbg
08-22-2003, 11:58 AM
I have broken one on a 250R, it was a stock lever, I also bent one beyond repair on my 400ex, aslo a stock lever. I didn't know it was bent until I rebuilt the motor and had to cut the shaft to remove the case.

spinka
08-22-2003, 02:12 PM
I saw your post that you broke the casing around your shifting rod... Well the same happened to me my sprocket came loose and hit my shifting rod and it broke the case.. I was wondering how you fixed yours.. I got my case welded but the mech. is recommending that I replace the whole case.. The only problem is that a new case cost 300$ Honda parts are to damn expensive- you got any ideas for me on how to fix this ..

Thanks M.Spinka

BadA$$440
08-22-2003, 03:12 PM
actually bro, its only $86 brand new from service honda for left crank case cover.Heres the link (http://www.servicehonda.com/hard%20parts/atv/trx400ex/left_crankcase_cover.htm)