PDA

View Full Version : Canada border crossing with quads?????

cdalejef
08-22-2003, 07:54 AM
I need some quick help!
Has anyone on here gone across the canadian border with quads? I am going to be crossing the boder on monday but I don't have paper work on 2 of the quads. Has anyone been checked and did they ask you for proof of ownership?

thanks,

08-22-2003, 07:55 AM
Just get ma green smocks across and don't worry about the POS quads....:mad:

Pappy
08-22-2003, 07:57 AM
call customs ....best i can tell ya:(

MOFO
08-22-2003, 08:01 AM
Sorry I cant be of any help either, but I would think you need the papers... they might not ask for them, but if you get a jackass border guy, they might want to know ownership.... I do some dig'n

flyin#5
08-22-2003, 08:05 AM
where are you crossing? when we went on our fishing trip (on the way back to the us) the guy asked us if we bought any beer there. we said "no" and he said "why not? you should have its super cheap up there" lol. next time we will probaby come back with a truck full of beer:blah:

MOFO
08-22-2003, 08:08 AM
Here is some information I dug up...

entering into Canada (http://www.necromantic.net/deadparrot/border01.html#enter)

Information about taking a race car into Canada (http://www.grandbendmotorplex.com/trackinfo/customs.htm)

Here is an article I found that should answer your questions though.... its about race teams and their equipment. This might be an overkill... you may just drive on through....

CROSSING THE CANADIAN BORDER

Crossing into Canada is not something that race teams should fear. The Canadian government is merely asking you to ensure that all of the race equipment you bring to Canada is taken with you as you leave.

As an assurance to the government, Mosport Park has posted a bond on which race teams from the United States can enter Canada if they are racing at Mosport. The following procedures will ensure speedy passage across the border into Canada :

1. Prepare a typed inventory of your racing equipment. This inventory should include all large items individually. It is not usually necessary to list each bolt and nut separately, however. We also suggest that you have this list notarized, or stamped at US Customs as you leave the U.S.A. to ease your re-entry to the United States .

2. When you arrive at Canada Customs, ask to fill out an E29B permit. Fill out the permit as completely as possible. The Customs agents will assist you if you need help. The Canada Customs Bond (Copy attached) is with The CGU Insurance Company of Canada . The Bond No. is 25022-98. Your inventory list will be attached to the E29B permit. Please note that the Customs Bond issued through General Accident allows for the temporary importation of goods to Canada . This bond is a continuous bond, which is effective from the issue date of May 1, 2002 thru May 1, 2003 .

3. This is the most important step. When leaving Canada , go to Canada Customs and ask to have the permits cancelled AND keep the stamped copy as a record that you’ve taken all of your equipment back to the United States .

4. All persons entering Canada should have a birth certificate, or passport to prove your nationality. If you are bringing pets with you, be sure to have current documented proof of a rabies vaccination.

If you have additional questions about border crossings, contact the Mosport Park office at (905) 983-9141.

The following information may also assist with your temporary importing of race equipment to Canada . The Canadian Government authorizes race teams to import racecars and equipment into Canada by non-residents to participate in racing events. These activities are authorized under the provisions of Customs memoranda D8-1-1 Temporary Importation (tariff item 9993.00.00) Regulations. Also the Goods and Services Tax (GST) is entitled to a full relief under special authority codes 38-089Z1663 and 41-089Z1663.

Code 38 allows the importation of cars and other conveyances and repair parts and repair equipment therefor: all of the foregoing when used in racing.

Code 41 allows for non-resident teams or athletes or their support personnel to import athletic equipment and apparel and training or other equipment of their use in connection with professional or organized amateur sports activities, but excluding goods provided for under item 38.

08-22-2003, 08:11 AM
Yeah besides the smocks remember to bring me back some good molson beer....:D

MOFO
08-22-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Rico

Triple X !!!!

cdalejef
08-22-2003, 08:13 AM
thanks alot Mofo.....thats a big help!

MOFO
08-22-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
thanks alot Mofo.....thats a big help!

No problem... if you can, bring some Molson Triple X back for the H/M ride in Sept. :devil: We'll see if the 'coon can handle his booze...

08-22-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
No problem... if you can, bring some Molson Triple X back for the H/M ride in Sept. :devil: We'll see if the 'coon can handle his booze...

Your ***,,,that triple X is mine sucka :grr:

MOFO
08-22-2003, 08:29 AM
Your ***,,,that triple X is mine sucka :grr:

grrrrrrrr :mad:

Woodsrider
08-22-2003, 08:30 AM
so whats the %ABV on that stuff? isnt it like 6%? I have a few hot bottles of beer that I made four years ago that are 11.7% :D

MOFO
08-22-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by soggyrider
so whats the %ABV on that stuff? isnt it like 6%? I have a few hot bottles of beer that I made four years ago that are 11.7% :D

actually I think its a bit higher... more around 7+% I want to say 7.8.... last time i drank that stuff, I drank it like I would my regular beer and blacked out... :eek:

08-22-2003, 08:35 AM
actually I think its a bit higher... more around 7+% I want to say 7.8.... last time i drank that stuff, I drank it like I would my regular beer and blacked out... :eek:

Rookie....:ermm:

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/uhoh2.gif

monkeyboy
08-22-2003, 08:36 AM
Rookie....:ermm:

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/uhoh2.gif

himz a bich inn my boook 2 ricoos :ermm:

Pappy
08-22-2003, 08:37 AM
last time i drank that stuff, I drank it like I would my regular beer and blacked out... :eek:

ive seen the pictures

http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/images/naughty.gif

MOFO
08-22-2003, 08:42 AM
:cuss: http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/boxer.gif

400exBro
08-22-2003, 10:09 AM

MMMMMMMMM that chit is good!!!!

Rocketman250r
08-22-2003, 10:40 AM
All I can say is check your insurance. We went on a trip to Canada about a year ago. Didn't have any problems getting across the boarder, crossed at Detroit. First night there, our truck, trailer, and the four atv's were stolen from the hotel parking lot. Not a good experiance. Truck and trailer were dumped, all they wanted was the atv's. All four of us had different insurance companys, none of them covered us while we were in Canada. So we all lost out big.

cdalejef
08-22-2003, 10:43 AM
Yikes....was the trailer locked to the truck?

Rocketman250r
08-22-2003, 10:48 AM
One four wheeler in the back of the truck, three on the trailer. Guess it was easier to steal it, and unload it at the spot of there chosing, then in the hotel parking lot.
Like I said, check your insurance, you may find out you have no coverage outside the US.

DEAL
08-22-2003, 11:10 AM
Molson beer is GARBAGE
you need Keiths!!!!
So jeff ur comin to visit me huh?

cdalejef
08-22-2003, 11:48 AM
Ya, leave the ligh on!

Rip_Tear
08-22-2003, 02:40 PM
I would definately make sure you have ownership papers, or proof of sale! Otherwise your ATV's aren't comming over.... I asked about this before, when I was going to get and ATV from the states with no owner ship...

By the way you guys are funny... I got a fridge full of canadian beer down stairs, not a wussy bar fridge either, a regular sized one.... Just beause your beer is like water! LMAO Doesn't mean you have to take ours away!

Where are you going Jeff? Come visit me too, my shed could use a few more ATV's in it!

nacs400ex
08-22-2003, 02:51 PM
I have a fridge full of beer too. Canadian beer.... Yeah thats what I am talking about LOL. DEAL Keiths is pretty good, I have gotten used to molson canadian, so now I am hooked. But As long as my beers cold I dont complain. That would be strange if your beer was weak then you come up here and its stronger. Oh well, what can I say we are lucky. Can you guys return your bottles and cans too ? I can get 10 cents a peice here.

MOFO
08-22-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
I have a fridge full of beer too. Canadian beer.... Yeah thats what I am talking about LOL. DEAL Keiths is pretty good, I have gotten used to molson canadian, so now I am hooked. But As long as my beers cold I dont complain. That would be strange if your beer was weak then you come up here and its stronger.

my normal beer is 5%...but when you drink 12-14 of them in a 6-7 hour period, that extra 2-3% really kicks in... and I'm talking about Triple X... not your normal beer. Trust me, Triple X is not the best tasting, but it gets the job done. When you get some hair on your chest, you'll know what I'm sayin.... :D

Quad18star
08-22-2003, 03:18 PM
Jeff , where abouts in Canada are you comming??? Best thing I can tell you about crossing the border is that you declare the bikes before you cross into Canada . Stop in at customs and ask them for a declaration slip , write down the VIN #'s of the bikes . That way , when you come back across , they wont nail you for stealing or for taxes. That's my best suggestion . And that Triple XXX beer is nasty tasting but it'll get you smashed pretty quick and to a point where you'll black out and pass out . I'm used to drinking 12 - 14 Molson Canadians, give me 5 Triple XXX and i'm wasted . Try Keith's or some Moosehead . Good stuff .

Jnine
08-22-2003, 05:21 PM
Hello:

Crossing into Canada isn't bad. We've done it many times, and I've never had any paperwork. I like the idea of getting some official document on the way over however. The Canadian border people are usually pretty nice, and they just ask a few questions like where you are going, how long you intend to stay, and that's about it. They also ask if you have any guns, so if you do, don't try to bring them over. They get upset about that, and don't screw with them. They are nice, but they take the job seriously.. It's about as easy as driving into Ohio. It's usually harder getting back into this country. Sometimes OUR border guard can be the prick! They want to know what you bought, and how long you have been gone. Only once did any of them comment that it would be helpfull to have some paperwork on the quad in case I "stole" it in Canada. Hey border A--hole, you can buy them cheaper in Canada because of the stronger dollar. There is no point in "stealing" one. Here's a story for you though.

John Pellan (The race promoter) was traveling to the Pontiac Silverdome for a stadium race a couple years ago. Along with him was Mathew Coulter, the quad jumping record holder. John lives in Ohio, and Mathew was staying with him for the summer as Mathew had many stunts lined up in the states. The night before the race they decided to go to Canada for "entertainment." (There's lots of it across from Detroit too) THen the trouble began.... Unfortunately, when they crossed the border they could not get into Canada because Matt is Australian and did not have his visa travel permit. THen they turned around to come home. Now he could not get back into the US either, because it was left at Johns house in Ohio. They were stuck between the borders, and the border guards began to get curious, and suspect the worst. When they looked inside Johns van they found blood all over. The night before they had taken home one of their friends who smacked herself on the door corner and had been bleeding everywhere for a couple minutes. Now the border people were reallly concerned, and basically they took Johns van apart until they were convinced the whole situation was OK. After that they were allowed back into the US. ALso, my cousin decided it would be fun to skip a day of school and drive into Canada with his friend who happened to be an exchange student. It was going great right up until they had to come back home. The exchange student couldn't get back because HIS visa was at the house. My cousin ended up driving 3 hours home, getting the vise, and then 3 hours back to the border to get his buddy. It made for a long day. True story!

Pappy
08-22-2003, 05:29 PM
lol....talk about a bad day!!!!

DEAL
08-22-2003, 06:31 PM
Molson Blah!!
:mad:

Keiths,Bud,Blue,labatt 50,wildcat,schooner (I don't know if you get that in your part of canada), olands export, and some others I'm probably forgetting.

I'm goin across the border next summer with my quad. So I better not have any trouble getting across.

cdalejef
08-23-2003, 03:10 AM
We are going to Elka near Montreal.
here are my concearns:
1 I'm taking a borrowed Cannondale but I do have the cert. of origion in his name
2 Taking my Wolverine with no cert. of origion but I did make up a sales receipt
3 Taking rowlrags 250R with no cert. of origion and vin# has been powder coated over. I did make up a sales receipt.
4 Our trailer has no tags since we don't have to license trilers in KY

400exBro
08-23-2003, 04:24 AM
Haha... Canadian beer aint that strong... try some German beer that will know ya out good and clean!!! and those Germans know how to party and drink!!! the drinking age over there is 16, that is up till 21% i believe after that you have to be 18... Damn 1 glass(tall and frosty) and i was pretty much gone(first time i tired some of that stuff)

Moosehead is good stuff too...

you guys are going to Elka eh? you going right into quebec or through Ontario?

cdalejef
08-23-2003, 05:11 AM
Into Quebec from New York

400exrider400ex
08-23-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by 400exBro
Haha... Canadian beer aint that strong... try some German beer that will know ya out good and clean!!! and those Germans know how to party and drink!!! the drinking age over there is 16, that is up till 21% i believe after that you have to be 18... Damn 1 glass(tall and frosty) and i was pretty much gone(first time i tired some of that stuff)

Moosehead is good stuff too...

you guys are going to Elka eh? you going right into quebec or through Ontario?
heck yeah...man i spent this summer in germany...good times. they find a reason to get together and drink for any reason. after 2 masses of that stuff i was done. and that over 21% age thing they dont care about when i was going to restaurants they were practically forcing shots on me and im not 18 yet. i wanna go visit my aunt and uncle again during the octoberfest but i dont think the parents are gunna let that happen.

400exBro
08-23-2003, 07:21 AM
ocotberfest, holy chit talk about a party!!! Munich have the biggest ocotberfest parties it is unbelievable..i went to a street party this summer and damn everyone was carring around beer, alchol everything... ya when ever we ate some were they would offer me some alchol... anything beer shots of snapse(sp?)

400exrider400ex
08-23-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by 400exBro
ocotberfest, holy chit talk about a party!!! Munich have the biggest ocotberfest parties it is unbelievable..i went to a street party this summer and damn everyone was carring around beer, alchol everything... ya when ever we ate some were they would offer me some alchol... anything beer shots of snapse(sp?) lol yeah its funny watching like young people walking around just carrying beers and drinking all over. yeah the schnapps are made rite around there so all of the places have that...why were you in germany. if my parents would let me go that would be awesoem because where my aunt and uncle are staying is about 15 minutes outside of munich by train so it would be so easy to get to the octoberfest. when my uncle went last last year he said that he drank 6 masses!!! and damn is that a lot of alcohol.

400exBro
08-23-2003, 09:20 AM
my family is over there... Grandma , grandpa etc... my parents moved to Canada a while back so we go every 2-4 years and vist them...i have been probably 5-6 times over there now.. i am about 2-3 hours from Munich with car... isn't to bad of a drive, plus one of my unlces lives just out side of Munich...

Quad18star
08-23-2003, 03:53 PM
Jeff , call customs and explain to them the situation and see what they tell you to bring . It would be a real kick in the nads if you get to the border and they make you turn around cuz you don't have the proper documents . Better to be safe , than sorry , not to mention pi$$ed off.

bigbadbrad
08-24-2003, 07:46 AM
we have never had any problems crossing quads into the us from canada, that is where we bought both of ours. Jeff while you are in quebec go to mon'capen, lots of strip joints and bars. Quebec is only a couple of hours from me, legal drinking age is 18, but any one can get in.

cdalejef
09-02-2003, 06:45 AM
We made it back and forth just fine. Actually the guy coming back to the US was asking all kinds of questions about what mods we had done to our quads. :D

thanks for all the help!

daiglea
09-02-2003, 07:08 AM
If you are going to Canada Jeff Try La fin du monde. It's made in quebec and it's something like 12% that stuff rocks you world. It will make you forget about that triple X and probably the way home so watch tou.:devil:

JLanphear
09-02-2003, 07:20 AM
I live right near the Quebec border...I shoulda read this post earlier cause you coulda stopped off for some riding.

Do you remember the town in NY where you crossed?

-Josh

cdalejef
09-02-2003, 10:18 AM
1000 Islands.

forum
09-02-2003, 11:36 AM
didn't read all of it. but what i can say is. BEER IS WAY MORE MONEY UP HERE!!! but way better. 5% or higher. some as high as 7. most is 5%. light beer is 4.5%

400exBro
09-03-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by forum
didn't read all of it. but what i can say is. BEER IS WAY MORE MONEY UP HERE!!! but way better. 5% or higher. some as high as 7. most is 5%. light beer is 4.5%

unless you get the 28 pack for the price of a 24... i find that too be a good deal...