PDA

View Full Version : Need help with AC Propegs on 250R

sleestack68
08-22-2003, 06:43 AM
I just got the new style propegs for my 87 250R but I have a few questions (since they don't come with instructions).

Anyway, these propegs come with a few nuts and bolts and spacers. My question is are those spacers supposted to be used with the bolts provided. I'm asking because that bolt are too wide for the spacer, they will not go through.

Also how are you supposed to bolt the footpeg mount on? You have to put bolt the 14mm bolt though the footpeg holder tube but none of my 14mm sockets are small enough to fit into the tube.

Finally, is anything supposed to hold the footpegs to the footpeg mounts?

sleestack68
08-22-2003, 03:59 PM
Anyone?

I guess I'll go buy and sixpack and figure it out myself.

Pappy
08-22-2003, 04:06 PM
best thing to do is play wit it:confused2

08-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by sleestack68
I just got the new style propegs for my 87 250R but I have a few questions (since they don't come with instructions).

Anyway, these propegs come with a few nuts and bolts and spacers. My question is are those spacers supposted to be used with the bolts provided. I'm asking because that bolt are too wide for the spacer, they will not go through.

Also how are you supposed to bolt the footpeg mount on? You have to put bolt the 14mm bolt though the footpeg holder tube but none of my 14mm sockets are small enough to fit into the tube.

Finally, is anything supposed to hold the footpegs to the footpeg mounts?
I drilled a hole thru the aluminum pegs & straight thru the mount tube & installed a bolt to hold the pegs onto the mount tube..
you will need the rightt outside diameter socket to fit the 14 bolt inside the tube ...they are available ..;)
spacers provided are for the 87 ,since the motor mount is different than 86

08-22-2003, 04:16 PM
also I drilled thru the 2 pcs where they join between the frame rails (in front of motor ) & installed a bolt to add strenght to the installation .:D