PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a solution

steelelt
08-22-2003, 06:24 AM
I have a 1990LT250r that all of a sudden died on the trails...brought it home after trying to kick start it etc

changed the plug and gas......started right up and off i went...
A few mins later it died again...i pulled out the plug and kicked it, the plug is barely sparking.....Could this be the problem and if yes, how do i know for sure that its not sparking enough to keep her running...

Anytihng i can test to tell ? What would i have to replace ?

300exOH
08-22-2003, 07:40 AM
could be the stator, the coil or the CDI or the wires in between. it's tough to diagnose these things over the net. it may be worth it to have a shop diagnose it for you and you can fix it yourself to save a few $

LTandRaptorider
08-23-2003, 05:41 PM
Sounds like an elctrical problem, although when you put the new plug in, it ran ok for a while? The QuadRacer is noted for having a weak ignition, that's why they recommend a premium plug. If your jetting is rich, that may be the problem. Your plug will foul easier. I have a 38mm Keihin Airstryker on mine now, I don't remember what the jetting is for the stock 34mm Mikuni. You might want to put in another plug, go with a B8EG or B8EV plug, and find out the stock jetting and see what you have if you don't know. Go back to stock pilot and main jet, if it isn't now. This is a cheaper way to narrow down the problem. If you still have problems, time to get into the electrics. You can get a coil for on the stator at www.electrexusa.com Check ebay for used parts if you don't have the money for new; however it's buyer beware! I'm assuming your cylinder, piston and rings are ok? Good luck!! :)