PDA

View Full Version : stock chain removal

fireftr
08-22-2003, 06:05 AM
I know this may sound stupit but my chain is a mess and I'm having trouble finding the master link. Some help please.

08-22-2003, 06:33 AM
There's not a master link...ya gotta cut it off if your replacing it...:macho

RiPPiNiTuP7
08-22-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Rico
There's not a master link...ya gotta cut it off if your replacing it...:macho

gotta love honda for that one:mad: :cuss:

sickmojave
08-22-2003, 07:00 AM
Honda says to take the swingarm out to remove the chain :eek: :confused2

danney f
08-22-2003, 08:59 AM
If ya replaceing the stocker, just cut it or get a chain braker. A small little tip is to once you have the old chain cut/broke is to link the new chain to one end of the old one, than as you pull the old one off it will feed the new one right around the front sprocket. Like I said just a small tip, but it makes it a little easier.

dariusld
08-22-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by danney f
A small little tip is to once you have the old chain cut/broke is to link the new chain to one end of the old one, than as you pull the old one off it will feed the new one right around the front sprocket. Like I said just a small tip, but it makes it a little easier. Maybe I'm just stupid, but that tip sounds like a waste of time. How does this help?

cals400ex
08-22-2003, 10:01 AM
heck, i thought it was a pretty good idea. mainly it will just save a little bit of time with putting the new one on. it probally would be easier than taking the chain guard off wouldn't it?? its not like that is hard to do, but i am always looking for shortcuts. even if others don't like the tip, i do danney.

sickmojave
08-22-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
heck, i thought it was a pretty good idea. mainly it will just save a little bit of time with putting the new one on. it probally would be easier than taking the chain guard off wouldn't it?? its not like that is hard to do, but i am always looking for shortcuts. even if others don't like the tip, i do danney.

I thought it was a good tip too ;)

danney f
08-22-2003, 10:30 AM
Thanks cals400ex.
and as for you dariusld :rolleyes: Who said you had to do it that way. I just found it easier to do it this way since I have a larger front sprocket and the chain verily slides between the sprocket and case saver.
Oh well it was just my two cents, to each his own.

You ungrateful little @**(#@#&(

Just J/K:D

dariusld
08-22-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by danney f
Thanks cals400ex.
and as for you dariusld :rolleyes: Who said you had to do it that way. I just found it easier to do it this way since I have a larger front sprocket and the chain verily slides between the sprocket and case saver.
Oh well it was just my two cents, to each his own.

You ungrateful little @**(#@#&(

Just J/K:D I just thought you knew something I didn't( not that I know anything). I just couldn't picture that helping in any way. I didn't mean to offend you.

danney f
08-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Naw, you didn't offend me. I was just jokeing with you. To much stuff going on in the world to take everything typed on a screen seriously.:cool:

AtvMxRider
08-22-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by sickmojave
I thought it was a good tip too ;)

Me too.