PDA

View Full Version : Question about a 400EX

SSracingNY
08-22-2003, 04:19 AM
Hey all, I have been looking for a 400EX for a long time and just rode my friends last summer and loved it and now I am really hunting for one. But I know about the speed. Stock 400 runs about 65MPH(clocked with a civic). Now i love the banshee too, but i dont have that much money and i dont want to be working on it a lot. But i love the speed. I know that the XR 400R motor was taken out of the XR and the cam and i think the cases were changed to ATV abuse. Now would the Honda XR 650R motor fit in the 400EX? Like would the motor mounts have to be moved or is the cradle just too small. And another question, Ive been hearing a lot about a 450R. I know Honda just came out with it for 05 i think but in some of my quad mags i have read that they have taken the motor out of the 450R dirt bike and put it into a honda frame. Is that the 400EX's frame or is it the Honda's legendary 250R frame? One more question, If non of those work i want to put a 440 kit in it. I am going to start racing MX when i get it and with the 450R or 650R motor it will have to be desleeved because of the highest class is 440. So my question is What is the total cost to put in a 440 kit and whats involved. Who is the cheapest yet has good quality. Thanks guys

Bill Fuller
08-22-2003, 05:15 AM
The limit has been raised to 449cc hence the Yami 450 and Honda 450.Why build a racer when you will be able to buy a brand new one?If the Honda is as fast as the new Yami 450 than watch out.

CowsBitePeople
08-22-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
The limit has been raised to 449cc hence the Yami 450 and Honda 450.Why build a racer when you will be able to buy a brand new one?If the Honda is as fast as the new Yami 450 than watch out.

isnt the yami 430 something cc's??:confused:

08-22-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller

because there faster and they last , if the stock frame ont he yfz is like any other stock quad i dont want it ,for the same price as a oem quad whose durability is yet to be deteremind