PDA

View Full Version : Axis Rear single rate any good? 250r

mrusk
01-26-2002, 05:15 PM
I am planning on getting Axis shocks for my 250r.
I also plan on getting a houser 19in front end
Here are my quesitons-
It seems that for a stock swingarm axis only makes a single rate rear(dual adj) shock. Is this going to be a good shock considering it is only single rate?

And for the front i planned on getting triple rate compression adjust. Should i pay the extra 125 and get rebound adj to. The guy at kandk told me i wouldnt need it becuase it is hard to dial in correctly, and if it is off alittle it will screw me up.

And please guys no post telling me to buy pep, elkas, tcs etc.
thanks matt

Chef
01-26-2002, 05:22 PM
It should be fine, because I think that alot of the top shock companys make single rate rears, and they work well. Then you add in that axis is probably the best shock money can buy (and the most expensive too! :D) and you get a very good single rate rear shock...

The only thing i would think would be different is that it wont lower the quad as much...

trx400ex
01-26-2002, 07:57 PM
dont get the reb. adj.........it will lower the quad if you adjust it too

single rate rears are good, bu ti recomend a plus 1 swingarm too make the rear suspension as good as it should be

R-Crazy
01-27-2002, 09:05 AM
i heard that if you jump or anything aggresive with an extended swing arm, you stand a more likely chance or breaking it. this is what I heard.

dave

Chef
01-27-2002, 10:08 AM
+1 doesnt really count as an "extended" swingarm, its more like an MX length swingarm. +2 is fine to jump with two, because it hasnt broken yet and I've cleared about 70 feet with it...

R-Crazy
01-27-2002, 10:43 AM
how much would one go for?

dave

Clay
01-27-2002, 01:38 PM
I have the axis single rate rear on my 250R. I have one phrase. BUY IT IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY!! I haven't a single complaint. It works superbly in all areas of travel, and any type of terrain. Mine is setup for MX, its stiff, but its a superb shock. I got mine for $500 through one of my sponsors, so i couldn't really tell you what they go for. My axis rear shock is the single best thing i think ive ever put on my quad! Go for IT!!

CBW
01-28-2002, 10:19 PM
I JUST PUT A NEW SET OF FRONT AND REAR AXIS IN MY 88R, JAN. 15, 2002. THE REAR IS SINGLE RATE AND WENT FOR ABOUT $735.00. AS FAR AS SINGLE RATE YOU SHOULD BE FINE. THE RIDE IS AWSOME. IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY..........SPEND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

Clay
01-29-2002, 09:46 PM
I couldn't agree more!!