PDA

View Full Version : Ne one no about Chattsworth in NJ

xfox250x
01-26-2002, 04:54 PM
Does any one no about Chattsworth in NJ

NJ300ex
01-26-2002, 05:20 PM
Yes everyone knows about it but no one goes there because it isn't real good riding.

Ham Sandwich
01-26-2002, 05:49 PM
it's not bad riding, its legal so no worries, they try hard and i like to go there and play around the atv track is ok, not the greatest the trails are not bad either.

01-26-2002, 06:05 PM
Chatsworth is great! i am going there tomorrow sunday the 27th. If you put owrk into it and not put it down maybe we would have more places to ride that are legal!

The ATV track is in the process of being extended and all the trails are being either closed or new ones being built. There is alot of new things beiung done there so before you put it down how bout you help make it better!

02-01-2002, 06:36 PM
I haven't been there in awhile, but I enjoy going there. Every time I went, I had a good experience. The great thing is that it is legal. I also think the group running it is doing a great job supporting our hobby. My hat is off to them at NJORVP in Chatsworth.

If you haven't been there, I would recommend going. You don't have to worry about having a skid plate there....no (big) rocks but there are some stumps and roots to avoid. The track gets pretty dusty on dry days, but the crew there wets down the track to help keep the dust down. It is a great place to get started in atving.:)

02-01-2002, 08:54 PM
chatts is for people who dont ride to hard,i personally dont like that place,most places that are legal in the north east suck,,,,
nothing like raw trails,like sarcos and fountain ave...sucks we dont have really good places anymore everything is getting **** down

02-03-2002, 06:40 PM
Hey danny is Chatts realy that bad c'mon I have never ridden there, but have checked it out and though there were not any big jumps etc for the quads there was more than one guy running hard.

And how do you think the rest of us feel when the local police have the little PBA meetings at sarcos or crystal lake or minerals or what ever you want to call it because they discriminate against the NY guys with the Banshees.

Maybe I am flaming a little here but trust me the last part of the statement is actually true. I had got this info from more than one local source.

02-03-2002, 07:54 PM
in my opinion,it is for the family,i like to go really fast,and i like real tuff trails,nothing like that there,sarcos is straight.and paragon and tower city is more my style but what i have noticed in nj is there isnt much more left to ride there,and i wouldnt go to chatts again

02-03-2002, 08:12 PM
danny,

Dude you must not know the whole area then. I will show you some of the toughest trails back in and around chatts. Also there is more to it than just the park and track. There are tons of places to mess around in and even a small "pit" i guess you could call it. And thats not even going across the street into the pineys

02-03-2002, 08:36 PM
iam going there on the 18th some my girlfriend can ride,i cant bring her to sarcos,i have been through sarcos deep close to chatts,i really didnt explore much can you tell me more,i love sand pitts,is it big

Ham Sandwich
02-04-2002, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by dannydone
and i wouldnt go to chatts again

iam going there on the 18th

:confused:

02-04-2002, 07:19 AM
The pit is good size. About lets see 600+ yards long and around 300 wide. It`s pretty big, there is a track set up in there and it is pretty sandy in the back half of it. Also if you hit the trails by 72 you will find some nice sandy riding along with some good trails. if you have any question on other places just ask and i`ll tell you all i know.

02-04-2002, 08:14 PM
ham sandwich iam going because my girfriend is constantly bothering me to ride,so that is the only place i can go,she cant ride the illegal places,she cant run,..,,believe me i dont want to go,i get bored fast,but i have to do what i have to do for this chick

and i wouldnt go to chatts again
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iam going there on the 18th

400exRacerX
02-05-2002, 02:11 PM
Is there any motocross tracks there?

330exracer
02-05-2002, 03:54 PM
yea their one strict quad track their. it kind of sucks though. no big jumps most air u can get their is a top 3 feet. but their is a nice supercross track only for dbikes and like 3 other tracks foreverything and allot of trails. the funnest part is the mile of whoops. their big 2.

R-Crazy
07-20-2002, 09:35 AM
is there XC racing in Chattsworth. where do you guys in NJ go to race XC?

dave

Ex'r Marlin
07-20-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by 300ex rules
is there XC racing in Chattsworth. where do you guys in NJ go to race XC?I think once a year, maybe twice, the NJORVP in Chattsworth puts on a XC race or poker run. There is a XC event once a year in south Jersey, I went 2 years ago, but haven't been back since. As for other arears... Nothing local, sorry!:(

I periodically go to Budds Creek, MD, Hagerstown, MD, Flying Dutchmen, PA. There is a place called Traxx in Jack Frost, PA that holds a XC race either once or twice a year, but I hear it is very brutal on yourself and your atv.

PM me if you want to know more!:)