PDA

View Full Version : hotcam

cals400ex
08-21-2003, 05:56 PM
i just recieved my stage 1 and stage 2 hotcams that i ordered. the stage 2 has a round silver piece with two skrew holes in it. it has a diameter of about 2 inches or so. possibly they call that a sprocket carrier but i could be wrong. the thing is, the stage 1 i ordered did not have one of these on it. is this right?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-21-2003, 10:46 PM
The stage one is an older cam, the splines on the cam were checked when it left the door.. you will be fine, the round silver is the second version of the hot cams and that one is fine also.. the stage 1 just means that you need to press the existing sprocket flange on it we were going to press one on it but did not have an extra at the time.

cals400ex
08-22-2003, 09:22 AM
so are you saying with the stage 2 we don't need to use the factory cam sprocket flange? however, with the stage 1, we need to use the factory cam sprocket flange? thanks

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-22-2003, 09:47 AM
correct :D

PHIL_B54
08-22-2003, 09:52 AM
cals sorry to hijack your post, but..

silverfox, where do you think i should be jet wise?

cals400ex
08-22-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by PHIL_B54
cals sorry to hijack your post, but..

silverfox, where do you think i should be jet wise?

no problem, he already answered what i asked, so do all the hijacking you want. :D

with the mods in your sig, i am wondering if your a little big on the main. i see a lot of people on here running a 155 main with their 416's. i personally think that may be a bit small, but its their bike, not mine. i would get a around a 42 pilot or so for sure. i am not an expert on jetting with the cam and piston installed because i don't have mine installed yet. so this is pretty much a guess.

PHIL_B54
08-22-2003, 10:10 AM
thanks cals

tonight im going to try 160main with the 42pilot, should i mess with clip or the screw?

finally get some seat time.

cals400ex
08-23-2003, 06:08 AM
i am not positive with the needle or skrew since we have some different mods. i would probally leave the needle alone at first unless you find it to run bad at mid throttle. many people move the needle up one(clip down one) to richen the mid throttle positions and have good luck. i would just leave it and turn the fuel skrew out 3 turns or so and go from there. just see how it runs and if it is not up to par, let us know and someone on this site should be able to help. good luck

PHIL_B54
08-23-2003, 08:03 AM
i put in the 160 main and the 42 pilot and put the screw at 2.5-2.75 turns and it felt real good. i might try the clip just to see what happens, but i think im pretty close.
before i put in the piston / cam i did some timed drags to see what kind of gains i got from the mods. now i need to re-adj my valves again and finish off this tank of fuel and runs some more drags.

cheetah
08-23-2003, 11:36 AM
I'm identical to you and I found the right spot with a 158 main and I dropped the neddle a notch. If you haven't already, go to a 42 pilot.