PDA

View Full Version : " Hunting " Its Time

H440exconfused
08-21-2003, 05:13 PM
I have broke out the bow, the tree stand and all the 3-D targets, its time to start, Do any of you guys hunt on here? If so What. Do you guys Bow hunt or Gun hunt, Big game, or small game? Anyone have any firearms they want to sell?

Pappy
08-21-2003, 05:15 PM
yup...i never stop ...all year long is prep for the start of the season. only 3 more weeks here and blood will flow:devil:

H440exconfused
08-21-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
yup...i never stop ...all year long is prep for the start of the season. only 3 more weeks here and blood will flow:devil:

Pappy I am the same way preping those woods all yr, long for that short time.
I read alot of your post and respect your opinion, but you just moved up up notch, Hunting is the only thing better than four wheelin.

"The Blood is gonna Flow' you said it

H440exconfused
08-21-2003, 05:21 PM

Pappy
08-21-2003, 05:21 PM
its been a busy summer for me...i havent killed one crop damage deer :eek: so that means i have 50 tags to be filled......i think im gonna be needin a bigger ice box:D

H440exconfused
08-21-2003, 05:23 PM
its been a busy summer for me...i havent killed one crop damage deer :eek: so that means i have 50 tags to be filled......i think im gonna be needin a bigger ice box:D

50, can I come help, Geez we are only aloud for public land a combo tag which gives you A. doe in bow buck in gun, B. buck in bow or gun and second buck has to have at least 4 points on one side, Can I come hunt with you Pappy?

ghost_ryder
08-21-2003, 05:23 PM
i hunt! woohoo...season here doesnt start til the second week of october for deer thats with a bow...gun season is in novemba

H440exconfused
08-21-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by ghost_ryder
i hunt! woohoo...season here doesnt start til the second week of october for deer thats with a bow...gun season is in novemba

Our bow season is October 1st thru November 14th, then December 1 thru december 31

Gun November 15 thru 30

Muzzle loader december 9 thru 23

quadracer99
08-21-2003, 05:28 PM
i used to hunt big and small wit my pump and my 243... but i juss got outta it... so im selling my 20 guage remington

H440exconfused
08-21-2003, 05:33 PM
I am Looking for a "Winchester Model 70 super grade" in a 300 win mag.

Anyone???

H440exconfused
08-21-2003, 06:44 PM
:macho

ryanh250ex
08-21-2003, 07:07 PM
i hate hunting season......it makes my trails unusable from the end of sept to the end of feb. :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tommy 17
08-22-2003, 07:37 AM
pappy if u need deer shot u know i'm here... i'll come down tomorrow for all i care:p

i started shooting my bow and gettin ready... i got all my food plots planted and i have seen over 8 differnt 8+ point bucks comin into it every night...

i saw a 12 point with probably a 27 inch spread there the other tday... if i shoot it i'll def be in record books it that big:macho

400exmom
08-22-2003, 07:42 AM
my 9 year old got his first gun a 410 -goose season is comin and the boy wants to kill-clean and eat a goose- ill have to keep you guys posted my boss just bought a empty grocery store and is making it a indoor shooting range and sportman club i could set a couple peoples up pretty good with discount chit

knighttime
I was out coyote huntin last night. No coyotes, but we called in an adult GREY FOX, that made kinda like a bark/roar noise. I never thought a fox would make that kind of a noise. :uhoh: It circled us for like 15 mins
:ermm:

:bandit:

monkeyboy
we gunnna shoooot sum deerz an turkeez :devil:

H440exconfused
08-22-2003, 09:22 AM
Bump

Tommy 17
08-22-2003, 10:17 AM
i love coyote hunting... we have electric calls...

its weird bein the one hunted... it kinda freaks u out when they are circlin u tryin to kill u...

blondie69
08-22-2003, 12:42 PM
I've never hunted in my life....nor do i want to:eek:

But I do have a bow and arrow:blah: Its weak.....40 pds per pressure. Its soooo weak for me...I usually use my dads which is 90 pds per pressure. My brothers...i can't even pull the string back (well maybe a few inches...)...its like 120 or 130:scary:

wilkin250r
08-22-2003, 12:47 PM
I didn't get drawn this year :(

400exr
08-22-2003, 01:41 PM
:D I know it's great. We own a guiding and outfitting company, lots of american hunters come here to hunt Moose. Our camp is about 30 km from where i live. It's at the base of the coast mountians. When I go guiding up there for three weeks it's like my vacation :blah: . Here's our website www.anvilmountainguiding.com

dirtriderex
08-22-2003, 02:52 PM
I hunt deer, love it. Just waking up 4 in the morning and signing in and walking out to your spot. It's so peaceful but yet so exciting. God I can't wait:( . Man moose hunting would be awsome:devil:

free_rider20
08-22-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
my 9 year old got his first gun a 410 -goose season is comin and the boy wants to kill-clean and eat a goose- ill have to keep you guys posted my boss just bought a empty grocery store and is making it a indoor shooting range and sportman club i could set a couple peoples up pretty good with discount chit

You ever ate goose? If not then I gotta warn you it isnt exactly the best tasting bird, now wild turkey is much better.

250x#93
08-22-2003, 04:31 PM
I LOVE HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil: Of all kinds, My favorite one right now is huntin for GIRLZ!!!:blah: But can't forget the actual huntin and shootin that stuff is so much fun:eek2:

TheRedRebel17
08-22-2003, 04:57 PM
As we speaak, i have less than 2 days before the season offcially opens...plus theres a hunting expo this weekend that should hold me off...if i can find a ride:grr:

Pappy
08-22-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by free_rider20
You ever ate goose? If not then I gotta warn you it isnt exactly the best tasting bird, now wild turkey is much better.

ahhh someone has had a greasy goose...yuck!!!

i breast them and then soak in milk and salt.....then just plain water . then i cube the breasts into stew size pieces. i add the goose meat ...garlic and onions....some celery and potatoes along with a few packets of a seasoning from mc cormick...hunters sauce is the name of it. i cook it in my pressure cooker and man is it ever good eats:D i usually add a cup of white wine unless the boyz are comin over ta eat...then it gets a splash of burbon:devil:

Pappy
08-22-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by 400exr
:D I know it's great. We own a guiding and outfitting company, lots of american hunters come here to hunt Moose. Our camp is about 30 km from where i live. It's at the base of the coast mountians. When I go guiding up there for three weeks it's like my vacation :blah: . Here's our website www.anvilmountainguiding.com

yo hook a brotha up:macho

im lookin for a spring bear hunt...and a moose one fall would awesome:D

400exr
08-22-2003, 06:04 PM
yo hook a brotha up:macho

im lookin for a spring bear hunt...and a moose one fall would awesome:D

No problem Pappy!, just e-mail me at jhoessl@direcpc.com and I'll send you all the details. I'll even get you a discount ;)

250x#93
08-23-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by 400exr
No problem Pappy!, just e-mail me at jhoessl@direcpc.com and I'll send you all the details. I'll even get you a discount ;)

Sweeeet **** right there:eek2:

Tommy 17
08-23-2003, 06:24 AM
my friends goin to british columbia for a moose hunt very very soon... i think it mayb the end of this week...

i wonder if hes goin with u guyz... that be kinda weird haha... i have to ask him his guides names...

i love hunting... i just planed a 10 acre food plot for my deer:eek: every deer in 30 miles will be on my land:devil:

i put in 10 cases of salt blocks, 2 1 acre food plots, 1 10 acre food plot, 3 truck loads of apples, and i put stumper licker EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!:devil: :devil:

i gettin me a big buck this year:D

Tommy 17
08-23-2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by blondie69

But I do have a bow and arrow:blah: Its weak.....40 pds per pressure. Its soooo weak for me...I usually use my dads which is 90 pds per pressure. My brothers...i can't even pull the string back (well maybe a few inches...)...its like 120 or 130:scary:

HAHHA u crazy mofo canadians... thats funny how u say the draw weight....

mines just 64lbs lmfao:blah:

400exr
08-23-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
my friends goin to british columbia for a moose hunt very very soon... i think it mayb the end of this week...

i wonder if hes goin with u guyz... that be kinda weird haha... i have to ask him his guides names...

i love hunting... i just planed a 10 acre food plot for my deer:eek: every deer in 30 miles will be on my land:devil:

i put in 10 cases of salt blocks, 2 1 acre food plots, 1 10 acre food plot, 3 truck loads of apples, and i put stumper licker EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!:devil: :devil:

What's his name?, then I can tell you if he's gonna hunt with us or not. That would be weird:eek2: Last year we pulled out a 5 year old bull moose with a 61'' spread :cool:. A 7 foot black bear too, took 4 shots with a 7mm at 120 to 100 yards to take him down:macho

blondie69
08-23-2003, 11:13 AM
HAHHA u crazy mofo canadians... thats funny how u say the draw weight....

mines just 64lbs lmfao:blah:

Haha...well I dunno if how I say it is the right way....thats just what I say, and I believe its the same thing my dad says, but I'm not sure:confused: lol

H440exconfused
08-25-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by blondie69

Wow, I think that would be like a world record, for draw weight :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Zingnut
08-25-2003, 03:30 AM
I am super pumped this year for season which starts 1st October. I have been doing alot of research and bartering to gain access to some private land that has been very successful. I have also been lucky enough to gain access to some acreage that this monster is walking on... I already have my trail cams out and praying for some rain so I can drop some plots in the key areas.

Best of luck to everyone this year and be safe!!

http://209.248.1.204/Pics/Deer/trailcam02/shed2.jpg

08-25-2003, 03:34 AM
I"ve been huntin 2 legged white tails all year...http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/bobby%20eyes.gif

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/eyebrows.gif

MOFO
08-26-2003, 12:46 AM

sounds like a good setup. My father has a food plot at their house... talk about a nice setup. Its a year 'round project for him...

H440exconfused
08-26-2003, 09:19 AM
Bump:D

twisted threads
08-26-2003, 09:48 AM
Yep Its almost here! I have been shooting my bow for the last month getting ready to ELK hunt.:macho Bear season has been open since Aug. 1 but im not really that interested in killing another bear this year. I seen a nice one the other day and tried to get my Little brother over were I was to kill it but it got into the brush before he could drive to were I was. Hunting is so much fun I think I like it more than riding!! :D

dirtriderex
08-26-2003, 11:20 AM
I hunt and support hunting, as long as you eat the meat and stuff. Otherwise your just ignorant.