PDA

View Full Version : how much did you gain from your cam?

PHIL_B54
08-21-2003, 04:41 PM
well i have installed my cam and my piston. ive only got about 20 minutes total on it. ran it for about 15min, re-adj valves and then about another 5-10 min(raining :( ).

my question is what degree should i be able to feel it? i really havent had much chance, but ive read so many times people saying that while breaking it in, it was a huge improvement. and i didnt feel much of anything. im sure i need to tune around with my carb, but it was kind of a let down. im going to get some seat time in friday(tomorrow) evening, so maybe i will change my tune.

for ref. the cam is compairable to a hotcam stage 1.5. bmw500hp has it and loves it. and my set-up is in my sig

thanks for any help

08-22-2003, 02:15 AM
I upped my main jet 1 size and my carb tuning was complete and i felt a nice increase in just 2nd gear takin it to my truck to load up..

Also what octane gas you runnin with that piston?????

PHIL_B54
08-22-2003, 02:42 AM
1:1 93 premium : vp 105. i dont think it needs that much but i figure i can ween it down to 1:4 . id rather be on the high side at first

if the needle adjusts the fuel flow in the middle throttle position, why do people only ever talk about jetting up the main jet? the guy i got the cam from told be to go with the 165 and 3 turns out, but said nothing about the needle.

08-22-2003, 02:46 AM
I"M guessing your runnin a stock carb if your edelbrock is for sale. I'd move the needle clip down 1 notch which will put it,,4th from the bottom,,which in turn is raising the needle to allow more fuel. I run a 155 main with 7,,,,,,,1.5 inch holes in my air box lid. Runs perfect..

PHIL_B54
08-22-2003, 03:22 AM
ya, back to the stocker

thanks rico, i will give it a shot tonight, and post back with results