PDA

View Full Version : blaster...what do you think of it?

PhResTyL28
01-26-2002, 04:15 PM
what do you think of my YAMAHA blaster? http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p120d031e0d82f2f526fdfc4457f2c1c2/fe004be5.jpg

4punksdad
01-26-2002, 05:16 PM
looks like a blaster with different tires, a pipe, and some handguards.................how did I do?

moving to the non-honda forum..................................

Chef
01-26-2002, 05:52 PM
wow...its a blasturd. But I decided i wasnt going to flame anyone this week so I will keep my real thoughts to myself..:D

96300ex
01-26-2002, 06:23 PM
Looks like another victim for the 300... truthfully, I like what you did with the hubs. My stepbro has his Blaster's front hubs painted a black and white spiral, looks really cool when he's going slow (almost all the time).

PhResTyL28
01-26-2002, 06:37 PM
i dont want any of you to keep your thoughts to urself...personally im in the mood to here u flame. and just so u know, a stock blaster vs. a stock 300. the blaster is faster. add tires and rims and it handles better. and its still cheaper than a 300. i beat my friends 300(piped) alot. hes a good rider to, he has more experience than me. but his o'so reliable honda has had 2 cam chain failures...way to go on one that honda!!!

96300ex
01-26-2002, 06:49 PM
He must not be as good a rider as you think. I dragged my stepbro five times on my stock (at the time) 300. His has full FMF exhaust with a K&N filter and Razrs all around. This was my FIRST DAY on my new quad. We raced across a field. Out of those five times, we were neck & neck 3 times and i pulled ahead twice. ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME THAT HIS MODS DECREASED HORSEPOWER?!?! Of course i heard the usual Yamaha excuses "I couldn't get traction" "I missed a gear" "You got off the line before he said go" and all the other BS that you blaster riders use to make up for the lack of performance. And you can ask every blaster owner around here, they've all "missed gears" when they've raced my 300. I have yet to be beat by a blaster. That POS better have some serious engine work if you want to keep up with a 300. Maybe when you turn 13 your mommy and daddy will buy you a real quad. Good luck racing the 300's kid. I've got to run up to they yamaha dealer so my stepbro can buy some more brake pads.

96300ex
01-26-2002, 06:52 PM
oh, and you were right about one thing... Everything about the blaster is cheaper than a 300... motor, suspention, chassis... i think that covers it. Oops, forgot the brakes! Gotta love them blaster brakes... the things doesn't stop and it sure doesn't go.

Chef
01-26-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by 96300ex
He must not be as good a rider as you think. I dragged my stepbro five times on my stock (at the time) 300. His has full FMF exhaust with a K&N filter and Razrs all around. This was my FIRST DAY on my new quad. We raced across a field. Out of those five times, we were neck & neck 3 times and i pulled ahead twice. ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME THAT HIS MODS DECREASED HORSEPOWER?!?! Of course i heard the usual Yamaha excuses "I couldn't get traction" "I missed a gear" "You got off the line before he said go" and all the other BS that you blaster riders use to make up for the lack of performance. And you can ask every blaster owner around here, they've all "missed gears" when they've raced my 300. I have yet to be beat by a blaster. That POS better have some serious engine work if you want to keep up with a 300. Maybe when you turn 13 your mommy and daddy will buy you a real quad. Good luck racing the 300's kid. I've got to run up to they yamaha dealer so my stepbro can buy some more brake pads.

First off, they dont need serious engine work. Pro circuit pipe, rad valve, wiseco piston, and jetting and they will smoke you.

Second, they dont have brake pads, they use drum brakes...right PhReStYlE28?

oh and dont come back at me and say you will beat me in a drag, cause you CANT, there isnt a chance.

96300ex
01-26-2002, 07:14 PM
Well, HOTT440, they use disc brakes. Don't percieve that as a smart @$$ response, i just know that because i was working on some earlier and i hate being corrected. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Ok, maybe not serious engine work. I just wrote that because i was pissed. However, a stock blaster WILL NOT beat a 300ex. Don't even bother trying to argue that one. That's what this punk was saying, and it's simply false. Now, my brother's slightly modded blaster gave me a run for my money, when my 300 was stock.

Now, i have never been beat by a blaster. This statement is absolutly true. But, most of the buys around here who have blasters don't have 240 kits and pistons and stuff. They normally stop at exhaust and intake. Then they sell their blaster and move on to bigger, better things... such as banshees, 400ex's, and (gasp) 300ex's. I'm not saying that a real deal blaster couldn't whoop me. All i'm saying is that this guys piped blaster needs a bit more than that before he can start talking trash about 300's.

Also, i did not start out flaming this guy. I said it looks like prey for a 300. Where i come from that's a joke or, at the most, friendly rivalry. Then i preceeded to compliment him on a clean quad with nice looking hubs. I still think they look nice, and if i had a blaster i'd probably do the same thing. He's the one that gave me a smart *** reply.

And HOTT440, I'm not so stuck up as to think i could beat you. I realize what this kid needs to figure out: There are better quads out there than the one i own! Here's an old racer's tip for you kid, there's always someone faster.

Tommy 17
01-26-2002, 07:21 PM
hott the front are drum brakes the rear are cable disc... the one weakness of the balster is the breaks... thats why u see companys like hetricks sellin rear brake coversions to hydro disc bc the cable sucks... and u see people mounting banshee front brakes onto the front of the blaster....

and i have seen a stock blaster beat a fmf megamax 300ex b4 it was almost even but the blaster won.... i think they had stock gearing to not sure...

96300ex
01-26-2002, 07:43 PM
I don't doubt it. It happens some times. All i'm saying is that the blaster doesn't compar in quality, and in my experience, speed. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As long as their opinion isn't contradictory to reality.

i beat my friends 300(piped) alot. hes a good rider to, he has more experience than me.

How can a better rider lose, a lot, to a lesser rider on a lesser machine. Maybe he blew by while his friend was sitting on his 300 with his supposed broken cam chain. I'm sure his blaster has always run perfect from the day he bought it. I wish i could be there when the oil screws up and he frys his motor... way to go on that one Yamaha!

PhResTyL28
01-26-2002, 08:13 PM
ok...the blaster oil injection is proven reliable. the first atv to ever complete the paris to daker rally was a blaster with the oil injection system...it gets screwed when peopl take the little filter out or pour dirty oil or oil not designed for injectors. and a stock blaster is faster than a stock 300 and i have beat 300ex's. yes the blasters breaks are not very good but mine have worked 100% since 10 months ago when i bought it. i would love to race u and smoke your *****. i thank everybody that has agreed with me and has told the truth about a 300ex and blaster. i admit i would rather have a sotck blaster than a stock 300 but after few mods i would rather have the blaster. and maybe the people you are racing arent as good as you think...how many blasters were you racing? besides the one that your 6 year old brother rides. where do you live? i would love to race you.

96300ex
01-26-2002, 08:23 PM
The blaster's oil injection system breaks because Yamaha uses cheap parts where it counts most. If your mommy wants to drive you here I'll be happy to smoke your ***. Now the choice is yours, what excuse to use when you get your *** handed to you.

oh yeah, 10 months. read the signiture. mine's a 96 and the only proplem i had was broken bar plastic and headlight mount from a wheelie that got out of control. 8 years buddy, still runs like new, still puts the blasters in their place.

Tommy 17
01-26-2002, 08:26 PM
ding ding round 1 is over.... jabber send ur wife out with the card and the bikini....:D :D

96300ex
01-26-2002, 08:40 PM
This is fun because i have nothing to lose. Even if i do get beat by a blaster, the guy that beat me still rides a blaster! ****, give me the money and i could make my little bro's 90 smoke a 300. But he's still on a 90:D I'm done with this. I have a 300ex and I have nothing to prove. I can beat a blaster, i've done it many times before. In fact I've got to get some sleep so I'm not to tired to enjoy beating blasters tommarow at the gravel pit.

PhResTyL28
01-26-2002, 08:58 PM
u think ur the best dont u...im arguing cuz ur sayin that a blaster wont touch a 300ex. ive seen several reviews from dirt wheels and other people sayin a blaster(stock) is quicker than a 300 and has 2mph more top speed. stock it doesnt handle as good but with tires and rims it will. where do u live? u never told me cuz ur scared to get beat. i know it and u know it....a blaster is faster than a 300ex. my friends pipes 300 was faster than mine but now i have the pipes jets and airbox mods and guess wut!! mines faster! :D

01-26-2002, 09:20 PM
Sorry to say...blasters KILL 300exs....300exs are terrible...slow...and did i mention SLOW!!! When my blaster was stock i smoked 300ex's w/ pipes & jet kits (fmf mega max &k&n jet kit)

Now i Absolutly KILL

:devil My Blaster :devil
http://www.auffarth.com/goodblasterpic.jpg

JustRace
01-26-2002, 09:36 PM
In the small sport class rider wieght will play a huge roll in drag races.

Evan
01-26-2002, 09:39 PM
Can I say something?.......... Good I thought so. The old saying goes ya get what ya pay for, in this case "junk" Not to be knocking blasters or anything but they were designed for young kids learning how to ride, Yamaha says so. And for all the adults that have 5 to 6 grand in your blasters and sit there and say my blaster will beat so and so, You have all that money in a blaster and what do have ........a blaster. Dirtwheels and ATV action mags have done this shootout over and over and what always wins 300EX. Now I am a pure 2 stroke fan but I have yet to see a stock blaster out run a 300EX anywhere. Throw a pipe on both and the blaster barely beats a 300. But if any of yalls blasters that have a 240 kit in it want to take on my honda that only has 246 cc's and is a 2 stroke and 16 years old, (I think you know what I am talking about) bring it, I mean 6 cc's cant make that much of a difference right?

DEAL
01-26-2002, 09:42 PM
Ok let me try this here , the Blaster engine came out the the 70s ,
from one of their 2-strokes (mx175?)
The 300ex motor came from the 250 big red , and was used in a few other machines , like the trx300 (most reliable machine ever).

I did a few races this summer , where yes i raced again blasters on a track (not drag) and they did terrible because they weren't wide enough and they seemed to have alot of trouble sliding corners.
Overall blasters are good machines for small children and people who are on a tight budget, sure they worked great with mods because they're a 2-stroke , it seems that 2-strokes respond better from a pipe than any 4-stroke can.
A 4-stroke it alot smoother more reliable ride then any 2-stroke , a blaster actually feels closer to a 4-stroke than a 2-stroke.

Well be proud to ride a machine that uses the same technology as my whipper snipper!

Btw Nice Blaster.

Chef
01-26-2002, 10:31 PM
I wasnt directing that comment about someone replying and saying they would kick my ***** to you, because i know you know what I've got, I was directing it towards the blaster...um...person...