PDA

View Full Version : Wolf CDI! LOOK!

Narly R
08-21-2003, 11:45 AM
Ive never herd of this before, in DW there is an add on it, they say it has a button that you can change the power band from "tracton control" to "max power". Has anyone ever herd of this?

worm
08-21-2003, 02:03 PM
i guess w/ max power it lets the engine rev and the timing is set for max power.. :rolleyes: then on traction control it must not let the engine rev as fast some how so the the wheels dont spin all of the time

Big - D Racing
08-21-2003, 02:41 PM
YEs and there other brands out there that do the same too, there is Vortex, and Dyna. All they do is have preprogrammed ignition curves. Some will retard the curve and others will advance it, with a switch of a button while your riding you can set it to have better bottom end for climbing hills, or have give you better top end power for those drags and races. From what i've seen and heard of them the vortex seems the best it has 10 different settings programmed and the switch mounts on your handlebars, but it costs $399

derekhonda
08-21-2003, 03:00 PM
yeah, i had an fmf one on my yzf250 and it had torque and top end mode, you could slightly tell a difference, it was pretty neat though

RiPPiNiTuP7
08-21-2003, 03:02 PM
my buddy has one on his yzf/400ex...i dont think he uses it much tho:confused2

TORO1968
08-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Hey, check out the Dyna post that I just replied to... The Wolf CDI is completely reprogrammable and comes with a stand alone computer to do this. The Wolf CDI is by far the most advanced aftermarket CDI I've seen on the market. The only question is, will they end up making one for the 400ex...I hope so.

I think I might get this for the Raptor...should be fun to mess around with at the least.

www.wolfcdi.com

-Jordan

Narly R
08-22-2003, 08:33 AM
So would it be worth buing over an aftermarket one like LRD, thats not adgustible? And how much differance in power will I see?