PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake, August 23

Jennys440'Dale
08-21-2003, 12:44 AM
There will be a small group of us going up Friday night (8/22), riding all day Saturday. Anyone else going? We are staying at Silver Lake state park.

Jackie
08-21-2003, 12:57 AM
are you packing up on sunday and riding before you leave?
I live 1 hour from there and was planning on being there at about 9 am sunday with 2 red 400ex 1 yellow 400ex and a red 250ex. Sundays are more fun because most of the wing nuts have left.

Jennys440'Dale
08-21-2003, 01:02 AM
I think we will be packing up and leaving Sunday morning. Won't know until the morning though. You can't make it up on Saturday? If we end up staying, I will be on my cannondale and Nick will be on his stars and stripes cannondale. Look for us!

Jackie
08-21-2003, 01:09 AM
do you go there often? I ride with tinytim and kids. hope to see ya and if i change my mind and decide to go on sat. we will be lookn for ya. are you into drags or jumping?

Jennys440'Dale
08-21-2003, 01:20 AM
Well, I just got this cannondale after I traded in my 400ex :( I was pretty good at jumping on my Honda, but this new quad, I will have to get used to jumping. As far as drags, I can do it, but some of those guys have some pretty dressed up quads ready for dragging.

I guess Silver Lake is the best time to practice jumping on a new quad since sand is much softer than the ground! LOL....

We usually head up to Silver Lake about 2 times a year. We live about 5 hours away.

Jackie
08-21-2003, 01:24 AM
DIDO, sand vs trees n dirt. if we dont hook-up good luck with your NEW cannondale. you show em how its done. go girl.
gotta work
see ya later bye

Jennys440'Dale
08-25-2003, 01:36 AM
So, did you end up going on Sunday?? It was raining when we left Sunday morning.

Saturday was some great weather to ride in!!

Jackie
08-25-2003, 08:00 AM
We got there about 9:30 on Sunday. off and on rain by 11:00 people were packing up and we hung out. it was a bit bumpy for a while then about 1:00 the sun came out then the wind picked up and smoothed out everything and the ride was perfect.. the wind caused nice razor backs on all the big dunes, gave great lift.
but it is really hard watching my 12 year old son (90lbs) ride the 400ex (i bought off of Guy400) and jump the dunes (its that mom thing) i just have to close my eyes.
I almost had a rear tire of a sand rail in my face did the deer in the head lights eye exchange. the rail was flying over a hill in the any direction goes area, he must have thought everyone left. he was going so fast control was not there and I wasnt anywhere near the hill he flew over, i was spinning around a water hole with my son. just kept moving and got out of the way. I hope you had a good time on saturday? get air? is your new cannondale good to you? you will have to go after the holiday there not as many people, i find it more fun when ya dont have to white knuckle it.