PDA

View Full Version : silencer for LRD pipe

exrider123
08-20-2003, 12:24 PM
does anyone know of a good silencer for the old style LRD pipe i need this info bad cause my pipe is to loud for the area i ride thanks for the help

norcalatver
08-21-2003, 12:13 PM
LRD makes a Supertrapp style silencer for their pipe. The more discs you remove the quieter it is. I am able to get mine down to 93 db with 5 discs in. You lose top end with that few discs, but at least I can legally ride when I go to the Oregon dunes!

exrider123
08-22-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by norcalatver
LRD makes a Supertrapp style silencer for their pipe. The more discs you remove the quieter it is. I am able to get mine down to 93 db with 5 discs in. You lose top end with that few discs, but at least I can legally ride when I go to the Oregon dunes!

where are the discs in the pipe to remove and how do i remove them

norcalatver
08-22-2003, 12:01 PM
You remove your open end cap, (the 3-4 screws around can) and replace it with LRD's end cap which has supertrapp discs attached to it. The discs extend from the end of the can outward. I've had up to 18 discs on it. What I like about the discs is the ability to change the db output just by simply changing discs. Performance is affected each time, but where I ride performance isn't any good if you can't get into the park to ride! LRD's phone number is 503 661 6700

exrider123
08-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by norcalatver
You remove your open end cap, (the 3-4 screws around can) and replace it with LRD's end cap which has supertrapp discs attached to it. The discs extend from the end of the can outward. I've had up to 18 discs on it. What I like about the discs is the ability to change the db output just by simply changing discs. Performance is affected each time, but where I ride performance isn't any good if you can't get into the park to ride! LRD's phone number is 503 661 6700

thanks