PDA

View Full Version : DG Six Pack Rack

01ytrx400ex
01-26-2002, 07:41 AM
I was wondering if anyone had one of these. I like the look of the PRM but I don't want to cut my rear sub frame on my 400ex. I believe the DG slips over the sub frame but I not sure. It may not look the best but It would do the job and it is something that I don't always want on. Can anyone tell me about it? Also where did you buy it? I don't want to pay the full retail of $120+. Does anyone have any pics of it on the 400ex?

Thanks for any and all input!

Greg:D

stevengates45
01-26-2002, 10:51 AM
I had one on my blaster, it saved a many of my wheelies almost gone bad! :D

01-27-2002, 12:12 PM
Rocky Mountain sells one from Armadillo. it just slips right one the grab bar. only cost $69. hold a nce six pack cooler.

Blysster
01-27-2002, 01:58 PM
I agree that the rack isn't the best looking one but it is made tough and it can be installed in 10-15 minutes. I got mine mostly to save my silencer in case I wheelie too much... the WB silencer sticks out ferther than the stock grad bar. Another thing about the DG 6-pack rack is that you don't have to cut the stock grab bar off like some other racks, it just bolts right over it.

You will need to remove the back light and the silencer so you can install it. The only thing I don't like about it, other than the way it looks (which isn't all that bad), is that the grab bar that is on the side of the rack goes right over the silencer. When you have a silencer with rings that part of the grab bar will heat up and get stained back from the exhaust. It could also create problems in case you roll your bike over, if the rack bends it could easily damage your silencer/pipe.

Anyway I hope this helps...

TRFOXX
01-27-2002, 05:21 PM
I have the AC 6 pack rack and I like it a lot. Very easy to put on or take off and looks nice too! I think I paid around $89.00 including shipping from AC's web sight.

01ytrx400ex
01-27-2002, 06:51 PM
Thanks a lot guys! Does anyone have any pics of their six pack racks? I would really like to see the AC and the Armadillo. :D

NJ300ex
01-27-2002, 06:59 PM
There is a picture of the AC rack on there web site. The link to there site is on the links page of this site. I think the AC rack looks alot better than the DG one.