PDA

View Full Version : How to rejet Honda 400ex???

apalusso
08-20-2003, 10:29 AM
Is rejetting something simple or is it something that I should get done at a local shop? What steps would I do in order to accomplish this task of rejetting my 01 Honda 400ex?

Thanks

H440exconfused
08-20-2003, 10:39 AM
It is easy if you kind of know what to do, If you are only changing the main jet you have to remove nothing, just turn off the gas and with a 17mm wrench remove cap screw in bottom of carb, and then use I think its a 6mm 1/4 drive socket to remove jet, dont overtighten when re-installing, to change pilot jet you have to take carb out turn over and remove bowl, they are all simple to do if you have any mechanical experience. Now if you have to change the clip position on the needle i gets a little more complicated but not much, its still just remove and replace, and getting the carb out to flip over or to change needle position, takes only minutes.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Mike

Woodsrider
08-20-2003, 02:44 PM
This (http://www.exriders.com/techarticles/jetting.html) should help clear the fog.;)

cals400ex
08-20-2003, 05:57 PM
don't take it to the shop. it is pretty easy to do. let us know your mods so we can help you pick out the correct jets to use.