PDA

View Full Version : FMF Power core IV-2 for 300ex

08-12-2001, 06:00 PM
does this full system work well? how loud is it compared to stock? does it increase power very noticeably? i have heard of it to be the standard for EX exhausts.

08-13-2001, 08:55 AM
Well I have mine on a 400 and it works great,,I also have the powerbomb header also,,,how well it works on a 300 i don't know...I'm positive it will give you a power boost,,,and for the noise issue it is much louder than stock,,,especially when ya put the hammer down it really gets loud,,,,buy it you won't be sorry..

08-13-2001, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Well I have mine on a 400 and it works great,,I also have the powerbomb header also,,,how well it works on a 300 i don't know...I'm positive it will give you a power boost,,,and for the noise issue it is much louder than stock,,,especially when ya put the hammer down it really gets loud,,,,buy it you won't be sorry..

maybe its the powerbomb's fault somewhat? I know the full system on the 300 dosent come with the powerbomb. It says it is just a tad louder than stock. I like myne a bit louder than stock, but not excessively loud to irritate the neighbors, or most importantly, myself. I ride for 5 hours a day over the summer most days and I cannot take a really loud system. Perhaps I can get used to it. The megamax dosent increase power enough and looks ugly, so scratch it.

08-13-2001, 01:21 PM
Well FMF makes the powercore IV/q which is a quieter version of the powercore,,,maybe try it..:D

08-13-2001, 10:17 PM
well the Q series does not offer much if any power gain, it only advertises weight savings over stock, so I'll settle for loud and more power than quieter than stock and same power.