General Problems:
http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=27533

Gear Sticking Problems:
http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=27616

Are we surprized? I think not.:devil: All I can say is, RIDE RED!:D

44oEX
08-20-2003, 03:31 AM
I got that right RED forever

They are a little slow to put out new bikes but when they do, they work and they work GOOD

RIDER11X
08-20-2003, 06:12 AM
Don't you think they would have learned something from the Raptor?:confused2 Bet there are some Yamaha execs losing sleep about Sept. 10th!:D

Flyin#3-1/2
08-20-2003, 07:54 AM
oh great...not another one:rolleyes: this is going to turn into another yamaha bashing thread. i hope one of the moderators shuts this down before it gets out of hand....

UglyMotha™
08-20-2003, 09:09 AM
what's the probs i don't feel like registering just to read a couple threads

MSL
08-20-2003, 09:22 AM
oh great...not another one this is going to turn into another yamaha bashing thread. i hope one of the moderators shuts this down before it gets out of hand....

Your quick to want to shut this thread down. I would like to know if there are problems with this quad.

AtvMxRider
08-20-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Flyin#3-1/2
oh great...not another one:rolleyes: this is going to turn into another yamaha bashing thread. i hope one of the moderators shuts this down before it gets out of hand....

44oEX
08-20-2003, 11:05 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oh great...not another one this is going to turn into another yamaha bashing thread. i hope one of the moderators shuts this down before it gets out of hand....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your quick to want to shut this thread down. I would like to know if there are problems with this quad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not a honda you know there is going to be problems with it.
The dirt bike only can out last year so there is no way they have bin testing this one for a couple of year like honda does with is why there slow to produce but it works GOOD

TRX450R is going to eat a YFZ450 if not it will still last longer.:D

RIDER11X
08-20-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Flyin#3-1/2

NO FLAME INTENDED, but this forum is to make info availale to all, and if I was getting ready to drop some cash to buy a YFZ or any product, I would want to know about any problems.........wouldn't you?
:rolleyes: Sorry if I offended anyone, but facts are facts.;)

RIDER11X
08-20-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
what's the probs i don't feel like registering just to read a couple threads Mainly tranny problems. Burrs on the shift drums.:eek:

Glow Plug
08-21-2003, 04:59 AM
Thats good to know :)

KrazyKid300ex
08-21-2003, 05:34 AM
don't be bashing a yfz or something when you have never ridden one before. look how many people have switched. CBW, JIM(alaska speed) and many more including me. some of you people are just stubborn about non hondas. too brand loyal. don't get me wrong, i want to build a 400 for trails and track and for my dad to use sometimes at a track. i have no problems at all with mine and i ride it hard because the harder you ride it, the better it preforms.

UglyMotha™
08-21-2003, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by KrazyKid300ex
don't be bashing a yfz or something when you have never ridden one before. look how many people have switched. CBW, JIM(alaska speed) and many more including me. some of you people are just stubborn about non hondas. too brand loyal. don't get me wrong, i want to build a 400 for trails and track and for my dad to use sometimes at a track. i have no problems at all with mine and i ride it hard because the harder you ride it, the better it preforms.

well there speedy i have yet to read a post in this thread that was bashing a yzf in any way :huh

300exOH
08-21-2003, 06:40 AM
Can't we all just get along?

But seriously, I would like to know about the new YFZ because I know someone who has one and I'm sure he'd like to know about any probs. We all know about the age old debate of Honda vs. Yamaha. Let's grow up and get on with it. I ride with Yamaha's Honda's and Polaris's because it's fun. I've seen probs with them all.

So far the only YFZ probs I've seen have been bent a arms and I'd say that's pretty normal. Has anyone found a fix for the shift drums yet?

trueblue450
08-21-2003, 10:08 AM
yamaha dealers are replacing them no questions asked.. but theres 4000+ out there and maybe 15 cases that i have seen on the inet where you probably multiply that by 10 for the non inet users. so 150 to 200 problems with it. Yeah it sucks but we will see how bullet proof the new honda is too!!

Yeah first years suck due to the problems but as long as yamaha stands behind it and fixes it I see no problem.

08-21-2003, 11:22 AM
like suzuki did with the frame issues.....oops...nevermind, they denied any problems with their weak frame? :rolleyes:

toby400ex
08-21-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
like suzuki did with the frame issues.....oops...nevermind, they denied any problems with their weak frame? :rolleyes: Actually they replaced the frames for free most of time and fixed the prob for the 2004's didnt they?
:confused:

Merriman
08-21-2003, 04:48 PM
I can't believe the a-arms are having that many problems????

I pretty much destroyed my YFZ already in a crash that even a Sherman tank couldn't handle, but my A-arms were still perfect... :huh

DEAL
08-22-2003, 04:28 AM
The only other yamahas that had first year problems were the raptor with the tranny (but yamaha didn't stand behind it) and the older banshees with j-arms.

LTandRaptorider
08-24-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Don't you think they would have learned something from the Raptor?:confused2 Bet there are some Yamaha execs losing sleep about Sept. 10th!:D

Hmmm... I've had my 01 Raptor for two years now. No problems except for slicing tire sidewalls... :rolleyes: And you can attest to the fact I don't ride easy, but it does get lots of tlc after I ride it hard and put it away wet... :eek2: :eek2:

Still like the LT better though... :D

RIDER11X
08-24-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Hmmm... I've had my 01 Raptor for two years now. No problems except for slicing tire sidewalls... :rolleyes: And you can attest to the fact I don't ride easy, but it does get lots of tlc after I ride it hard and put it away wet... :eek2: :eek2:

Still like the LT better though... :D
:p I knew that post would draw you in!:p Point being, Yamaha never learned the value of doing the torture testing work BEFORE releasing a machine to the public, they prefer to let riders pay to be Ginny Pigs. Honda in most cases has thouroly wrung out their equipment before the first one is sold.
The head of service at a nearby shop was telling me about one of the torture tests for the Recon before it was released, was to run it in 1st gear for one hour wide open on the rev limiter, and it passed if the drivetrain didn't fail!:eek: Well that may be why the Honda TRX450r has been so slow to come, because the flaws are being worked out by them, not the paying customer.;)

WyoDuner
08-28-2003, 11:46 AM
Reading the threads on Bluetraxx there aren't really many issues... Some bolts loose and stuff like that happens with any quad. The shift drum burs are being taken care of under warrenty and seems to only affected a batch of machines. Really, there aren't too many issues all things considered.

The Raptor is the quad that tarnished Yamaha's reputation. The 1-way bearing and '01 tranny problems are a real screw-up on Yamaha's part. The ret of their quads are actually pretty decent and very reliable.

Be careful when you Bash Yamaha because you are going to hear about it once a new Honda has issues. What will you say then after going on about how Honda tests everything so thoroughly???

08-28-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Actually they replaced the frames for free most of time and fixed the prob for the 2004's didnt they?
:confused: I am almost positive they didnt fix them & if you added on anything to the Z then they denied the warranty...they mad eit very difficult to get a new frame for free & when you did get the new frame for free with the warranty you would have tpo wait over a month in most cases as they were backordered for so many breaking :rolleyes:

Z400central
08-28-2003, 04:27 PM
frames were fixed on mid-late 03 Z400 models.

batgeek
08-28-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
I am almost positive they didnt fix them & if you added on anything to the Z then they denied the warranty...they mad eit very difficult to get a new frame for free & when you did get the new frame for free with the warranty you would have tpo wait over a month in most cases as they were backordered for so many breaking :rolleyes:

yes frames were fixed as Z400Central said.

the warranty stated any mods would void the warranty...DOH!

it wasn't hard to get a new frame.

the wait was because most of the frames being made were designated to go to fully built bikes going to the dealers. stuff like this happens with fist year stuff.

at least get your facts straight dude.