PDA

View Full Version : lonestar warranty???

beyer05
08-20-2003, 12:59 AM
anyone ever get a warranty on a broken axle without the warranty card?

Giz400ex
08-20-2003, 04:35 AM
no

250rmike
08-20-2003, 05:41 AM
nope even with the card it is still not a good warrenty but there is no way to get it without the warrenty card

JOEX
08-20-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
nope even with the card it is still not a good warrenty but there is no way to get it without the warrenty card
Can you explain why, please.

Thanks, Joe

250rmike
08-20-2003, 03:36 PM
i just have not had good experiences with the lonestar warrenty a buddy of mine ordered and axle put it on and something was wobbling then we put it on a lath and the axle was bent. he sent it back to lonestar and instead of sending him a new one or even straighting his axle the just sent it back the exact same was it was when he sent it to him.

08-20-2003, 03:50 PM
i just have not had good experiences with the lonestar warrenty a buddy of mine ordered and axle put it on and something was wobbling then we put it on a lath and the axle was bent. he sent it back to lonestar and instead of sending him a new one or even straighting his axle the just sent it back the exact same was it was when he sent it to him.

yeh ok :rolleyes:

JOEX
08-20-2003, 04:11 PM
That sounds like a resonable complaint. Did your buddy follow up with Lonestar to rectify the situation? Or did he just let it go? I would hope he contacted Lonestar to give them the opportunity to make things right and not let them walk over the consumer.

How much wobble (run out) did it have? According to their warranty they will straighten it if it does not exceed a certain amount of run out. After that they will replace it. I would like to know what their limit is. Maybe i'll email them to find out.

I still think their warranty is one of the better ones on paper. I haven't had the need to use it yet;)

Joe

250rmike
08-21-2003, 06:08 AM
im not sure if he tried to right problem again i know he was pretty pissed cause it took a couple weeks to get here then he sent it back and he it didnt get back to him for like2 months and after all that it was still the same. it was a pretty noticable wobble enough to wobble the wheels and brake caliper.

Magicfan25
08-21-2003, 02:54 PM
i had the warranty card, and no problem gettin it fixed after my wreck. It wasnt bent bad so they just fixed it...no wobble that Ive noticed

JOEX
08-21-2003, 05:09 PM
im not sure if he tried to right problem again i know he was pretty pissed cause it took a couple weeks to get here then he sent it back and he it didnt get back to him for like2 months and after all that it was still the same. it was a pretty noticable wobble enough to wobble the wheels and brake caliper.
I'd be pissed about that too. It is up to the consumer to get things fixed. I go with mind set that the manufacturer and/or retailer will do anything to get out of replacing a defective product.
It is easier said than done but we as consumers need step up and call on the manufacturers to provide a decent product/warranty.

Joe

250rmike
08-23-2003, 08:15 AM
i know that but he just really didnt feel like dealing with it again since he had already sent it back one time and had to wait he didnt even ride his bike with the axle on it before he sent it back tothem and got it back in the same condition.

bmw500hp
08-23-2003, 10:49 AM
Out of a manufacturer the size of Lonestar that kind of service or treatment is entirely unacceptable!!! :eek:

Blow that axle out the door and get with a company thats on the ball....:cool:

RPM..:D