PDA

View Full Version : decompressor, plunger and spring?

cals400ex
08-19-2003, 07:07 PM
i was wondering if anyone would show me what exactly these parts are. i will be installing a hotcam and these can be removed. www.servicehonda.com has pics and i would greatly appreciate if someone would point them out to me. thanks

KAWSAM62
08-20-2003, 12:56 AM
hello #4 and#5 on the cylinder head diagram good luck scott:D

KAWSAM62
08-20-2003, 12:59 AM
sorry the decompressor is mounted on the cam behind the cam spocket it will not be on your hot cam part and it is pressed on the honda part so it will be removed with the old cam assy and replaced with the new hotcam assy!:D

hotex
08-20-2003, 02:10 AM
None of the decompressor mechanism is used on the Hot Cams. The only thing that needs to be on the cam before starting the instalation is the gear holder. Also remove that plunger, and spring from the head.

cals400ex
08-20-2003, 06:23 PM
i am just not sure what all includes the decompression mechanism. maybe i am being redundant, but i am still confused. i understand the spring and plunger is going to be removed. does the decompression mechanism include: decompression cam plate, decompression spring, decompression clutch, and decompression roller? or does it include the whole camshaft assemby which also includes: the previous just stated along with the reverse cam, cam sprocket flange, thrust washer, and 4x9 roller? thanks for the help

hotex
08-21-2003, 02:16 AM
The only thing that needs to be on the cam is the cam sprocket flange. Everything else you do not need on the Hot Cam.