PDA

View Full Version : E-Series cleaning

Alberta EX
01-25-2002, 10:28 PM
How does the White Bros E-Series silencer work in the mud? Can mud get packed in the discs and effect performance? If it gets in between the discs how can you clean it out ?

01-25-2002, 11:05 PM
use a allen wrench to take the screws out of the back to get them off. Dont sweat it, getting it muddy while riding has happened to alot of people in here(including myself) and I have yet to hear about mud causing problems. The discs are actually pretty tight, you'll see when you take it apart. Remember to use the anti-seize that came with it so that the screws dont lock on you after putting it back together.

Max400
01-25-2002, 11:33 PM
Do't worry about the mud in the disc's, just take the last disc "the flat plate" out and it will work great and sound great!!
Hey Buck how do you like your wheel spacers? are they rear spacers and help the handling of your Quad? also did you get the aluminum or ez-fit?

400exBro
01-26-2002, 08:46 AM
If you take out the last disc you will need to cahnge your jetting, and that last disc is your spark arrestor so if you ride trails in the summer i wouldn't take it off if i were you. But the sound of it sounds sweet but if you don't cahnge the jetting there is not enough back pressure on the valves and you can here it it sounds like it is sticking to your ports.

01-26-2002, 10:20 AM
MAX400-

Wheel spacers are cool... I can't justify a new set of a-arms to wife just yet so they will have to do. I picked up the ezfits for the front and turning is more stable at higher speeds but the bump steer is noticeable.... just have to hang on a little tighter. Can't complain too much ......for around 100.00$ I got 1 1/2" on both sides with easy installation.

01-26-2002, 10:41 PM
bro, i took mine out, it sounds kool, but, mi jettin is not right, im gettin a 42 pilot to fix the hard starts, using the choke almost always uls it out, right?