PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

j37
08-19-2003, 03:56 PM
Ill be in the amateur class next year and I want a quad that will be competitive with everybody elses. My 416ex is good for novice because it doesnt seem like everybody is as serious about racing. In amateur mostly everybody has a pretty worked out quad and the YFZ's are doing good and my quad wont be able to hang with some of those guys. What I want is a quad that I know is a top quad in the class even if im not fast enough to win I just want to know that it is capable of winning. I dont really want to work out my 400ex engine because I doubt it is going to stay with a YFZ450 with a few mods. So should I build a CRF450, YZF426, or wait for the new Honda and put a-arms, axle, pipe, and shocks on it? Whatever I decide to do ill put a-arms, axle, and shocks on it. Those three helped me out alot with my 400ex. I have to see finacially later on this year what im going to do but im going to be taking a year off and going to college next fall and working instead.

08-19-2003, 04:03 PM
dont buy a stock girly mon qwad , build a nice fast crf 450:macho fast fast fast

Pvt. Maggot
08-19-2003, 04:21 PM
416 should be able to compete in those levels maybe the rider needs inproving. :ermm:

Narly R
08-19-2003, 04:24 PM
freeride is right, no stock bike! You need a CRF race ready bike! Im pretty shure that would give you a little advantage...:ermm: ;)

kabd69667
08-19-2003, 04:25 PM
don't build a project bike...buy an already built project bike. You'll be able to buy 'em dirt cheap in a few months.

08-19-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
416 should be able to compete in those levels maybe the rider needs inproving. :ermm:

nope haha 416 dont have the motor, trust me we both race every week, all 250rs, yfzs, yzs crfs u dont compete with that on a tight sx course

08-19-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by kabd69667
don't build a project bike...buy an already built project bike. You'll be able to buy 'em dirt cheap in a few months.

yeah i dont see why, people are so dumb id much rather have a built quad than a stocker, too many headaches ridin stock

j37
08-19-2003, 04:41 PM
It might just be me as a rider but I rode my friends YFZ450 yesterday and I felt quite a difference in power between mine and his. The YFZ pulled pretty good. I need that power and the handling of mine. Ill probably end up building a CRF450 from frame up.

250rmike
08-19-2003, 04:59 PM
talk to outlaw he is selling a 400ex frame set up for a yzf motor do that and get a 426 motor and use your ex components that will be plenty of power and you still have you ex handling with a lighter and more powerful motor

08-19-2003, 05:54 PM
yeah but if ur going ground up id go crf and aftermarket chasis

250rmike
08-20-2003, 04:24 AM
i was just saying that because it would be cheaper and use all of his 400ex components. plus the yzf motor is cheaper and i read somewhere that the crf needs to be rebuilt every 15 hours of uses or something like that if it was me id just go with the yzf motor or if you really want the crf then you could just ride your bike until john arens frame comes out get that put your 400ex motor in it untl you get enough money for the crf and then put that in and still use your 400ex components.

Glow Plug
08-20-2003, 04:41 AM
build a crf or yzf :D

08-20-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by 250rmike
i was just saying that because it would be cheaper and use all of his 400ex components. plus the yzf motor is cheaper and i read somewhere that the crf needs to be rebuilt every 15 hours of uses or something like that if it was me id just go with the yzf motor or if you really want the crf then you could just ride your bike until john arens frame comes out get that put your 400ex motor in it untl you get enough money for the crf and then put that in and still use your 400ex components.

that not true, u can get almost as much time out of the crf engine as the yzf, its all in the maintence, there only weak point is there titanium valves u can replace with stainless steel ones easy and you can use every 400ex part on the arens crf frame,i dont trust a stock frame too much unless it was a really tight budget

yeah the yzf is cheaper but the crf has more useable power , and some of the yzs have bad trannies problems, you get into that and there not cheaper, both motors have there weak points but im going honda

250rmike
08-20-2003, 07:13 AM
yea i was just trying to point out different things to give an ideea of the different possibilities.

Nausty
08-20-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot

GOMER007
08-20-2003, 07:39 AM
if you make a crf quad itwill go better bc the stoker wil be detuned
so I'd bild my own but thats just my $.02:ermm:

j37
08-21-2003, 03:06 PM
I think that im going to build a CRF and keep my 416 for trail riding and whatnot. As I said before I may need improving. I want to be able to pull a holeshot and stuff like that easily though. No matter what I do I have trouble beating YZF's out of the hole. My engine is fast though I will admit and everybody is always asking me what I have done to it. People think that I have a worked 440 engine or something. Oh yeah last night I got first place so their moving me up to amateur next week because I got 5 trophies this sx season. I wonder how ill do in amateur. Novice was easy as soon as I would get out front id just pull away. I dont think that amateur will be anything like that though.

08-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Nausty

you guys have no idea....the guy who well be racing against in another season are top national riders, the 416 will not cut it on this track

Nausty
08-22-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
you guys have no idea....the guy who well be racing against in another season are top national riders, the 416 will not cut it on this track

big whoop, the guy asked for opininons so I gave him one...:ermm:

08-22-2003, 05:52 PM
it was a very bad opinion, u didnt have the right opinion..he already stated that your opinion was not ..."the"opinon