PDA

View Full Version : Nac's Blue Headlight covers

08-12-2001, 05:58 PM
Yesterday while racing my 300ex in the fair, i saw a yellow 400ex with some very good looking headlight covers. It was dusk and he had his lights on under the covers, so they appeared blue, a very purpleish blue. the headlgihts of course did not function, but they looked cool for show under those cover.s I believe i saw the nac's logo on them, buti could be right . anybody seen or have these covers? info as to where they can be bought and how much?

Foxrage
08-12-2001, 06:51 PM
I have them but they are in black you can only get red or black.

Moto92
08-12-2001, 10:32 PM
Yeah they are Nacs covers. Red or Black with Nacs logo on them for $14.95 a pair @ http://www.nacsracing.com

08-12-2001, 10:44 PM
but how did it glow blue if it was nac's?

MOFO
08-13-2001, 04:29 AM
I've seen them before advertised in mags. They are not nac's....I cant remember what company sold them.

Eric

Foxrage
08-13-2001, 08:53 AM
Ya your right now i remember. I have seen them also but i cant remember who makes them.

moto93
08-13-2001, 10:06 AM
It's not a good idea to have the lights on under the Nac's covers because they will melt!

MOFO
08-13-2001, 03:04 PM
really??? I've had mine for almost a year now and I ALWAYS have my lights on....for long rides too (6-8hrs). Shows NO sign of melting....

Eric

08-13-2001, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by VWVR6
really??? I've had mine for almost a year now and I ALWAYS have my lights on....for long rides too (6-8hrs). Shows NO sign of melting....

Eric

do yours glow red :D

moto93
08-14-2001, 08:32 AM

Eric

No, not really. I guess those holes were a figment of my imagination.

RideRed04
08-14-2001, 09:07 AM
Defective! call nac's!

EX_RIDER
08-14-2001, 01:17 PM
I seen that also karl.They was not the nac's covers.They lookied kinda like the ones that leo is selling but they was blue and had slits in them and when his lighs was on,he lighs gloe bright.I was thinking about racing but my knee and hand are giving me a hard time.I seen you go over on that double!OUCH.It was only like 35 feet long and looks like you didn't give it enough gas.GOOD RACE FOR YOUR FIRST ONE MAN!!!

MOFO
08-14-2001, 01:37 PM
yes, mine do glow red. You can only see them at night, dusk or in the woods though.

Moto93...did yours really melt??? I could not tell if you were being serious or just being a d*ck about it.

Eric

08-14-2001, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by EX_RIDER
I seen that also karl.They was not the nac's covers.They lookied kinda like the ones that leo is selling but they was blue and had slits in them and when his lighs was on,he lighs gloe bright.I was thinking about racing but my knee and hand are giving me a hard time.I seen you go over on that double!OUCH.It was only like 35 feet long and looks like you didn't give it enough gas.GOOD RACE FOR YOUR FIRST ONE MAN!!!

thanks for the support, john. Yeah, I saw everyone else doing it and i thoguth I could too, but I didnt get enough of a running start. The sad thing was though, I was in 2nd place and I needed 1st or 2nd to go onto the next round, but then I screwed. what really burns me though is that when I fell off, I could have got right back on and into the race, But the idiot at barnharts that installed my kill switch wired it up wrong so everytime the kill cuts it off, it blows the 15 amp fuse in my motor and i cnat start it unless I replace that :mad: They are gonan repair it for free and my dad might be able to get them to pay half my racing fee. That really burned me cuz i almost made that 2nd place, and on a stock quad on my 1st race!!!! GRRR!!! :mad: :mad:

but on the subject of the covers, yeah after they said nacs are only availible in black or red, i realised they werent nac's :o

thos covers were bad @$$!!! but i didnt see the slits cut in them....if i find out who makes them, when my dad buys his 400ex i will buy them for him as a gift.

moto93
08-15-2001, 08:06 AM
Moto93...did yours really melt??? I could not tell if you were being serious or just being a d*ck about it.

Eric

Yes, they melted. My Brother-in-law left the lights on by mistake and melted down my covers. I have the black ones so I just took a piece of number plate background and stuck it over the front of the covers. I guess I should have made him buy me a new set!

465Stroker
08-15-2001, 08:26 AM
I have heard that the Nac's headlight caps are actually end caps for cast iron and other types of pipe. Pipe manufactures put these on to keep the pipe from corroding within during storage and hauling. Might be worth a look on the net for someone that has the time. I cannot amagine them costing more than a dollar each.
These caps are the same things used for beadlock wheel caps that Nac's sells.

MOFO
08-15-2001, 10:03 AM
Yea, I have noticed that...they seem to be caps for something. If you take a small coffee can lid...it ALMOST fits.

Moto93...sounds like you might have had a defective batch or something. It might be the black...absorbing all the light and heat where as the red lets light go through and does not absorb as much....

Eric

RideRed04
08-15-2001, 12:35 PM
here is a company that makes pipe end fittings, someone should e-mail them with some dimentions. http://www.dbi-cap.com/products/products.asp?sp=FC+70