PDA

View Full Version : high end motor with a low end pipe

speedy400
08-19-2003, 02:47 PM
hey, I was just wondering.what happends when you have a top end motor, and then you get a low end pipe. do they add together so you have a little more low end and still a bunch of tops end also or does it just not work out very well?thanks-darren

cals400ex
08-19-2003, 05:38 PM
in reality, you would not want this. the pipe wont be able to flow the best up top thus not allowing full power. your setup will work with a low end pipe, but possibly not quite as well as other pipes. what pipe you talking about? the megamax?

speedy400
08-19-2003, 05:51 PM
Well I was just curios. I just kinda realised that I like bottom end power so much. And I alreddy ported and polished my motor and I have a hotcam stg2 in it, its not the best for what I like but It's prolly just fine(I havnt got to ride it yet).-darren

cals400ex
08-19-2003, 06:07 PM
i am sure a low end pipe would give it a little more lowend than a top end pipe. if you haven't used it yet, you might be able to trade it in for a stage 1. if not, you might be able to sell it and then get a stage 1.

wilkin250r
08-20-2003, 05:43 AM
This isn't a very good combination. A stage 2 cam will increase top end at the sacrifice of low end. A low-end pipe has more back pressure, which will increases low-end performance while sacrificing the top-end peak power.

So basically, your pipe isn't doing anything on the low end, because your motor doesn't produce any power on the low end, and at the high end your motor can't produce as much power because it is fighting your pipe.

In reality, it's the worst combination you can have, because your engine and your pipe are fighting each other. It's not the best of both worlds, it's the worst of both worlds.

Flyin#3-1/2
08-20-2003, 06:22 AM
all i can say Darren is...*SLAP* what were you thinking? even i wouldn't have done that:D nah jk...i probably would:ermm:

just sell your stage 2 cam and get a stage 1.