PDA

View Full Version : No gas in Phoenix!!

F-16Guy
08-19-2003, 06:09 AM
That's right, we're having a major gas "shortage" due to a supply pipe from Tucson that "broke". What a crock of sh**!! That pipe only supplies about 30% of the fuel to the Phoenix/metro area. That didn't stop gas stations from taking advantage, though. Gas prices went through the roof in a 24hr period. Some stations are charging up to $4.75/gal for unleaded, while others with car washes are requiring customers to buy $12 car washes with there gas. And because we're the "wild west", there's no statute in place outlawing price gouging, so it's essentially legal. On top of all of that, where there is gas, the lines are sometimes two hours long!! There have been several fights at the pumps, and it's only a matter of time before someone gets killed. I tried to get gas on base, but the base gas station was worse than anywhere else because of all the damn Sun City retiries. The most aggrevating thing is that the pipeline has been fixed for three days and they're still not pumping fuel through it. Some bad stuff is going on here right now with our local government, and the end result is going to be someone getting big kickbacks and the rest of us getting much higher average fuel prices. I hope someone has the balls to blow the whistle.

400grl
08-19-2003, 06:19 AM
I know - and we are a 2 Chevy V-8 house.....we are going to be feeling it soon.....can anyone say av-gas? :D

I checked lines at the two stations I saw on my way to work today.....halway down the streets and blocking traffic....

Gas stations are a rip-off and panicky people don't help matter much. I saw a ton of dirtbikes today, too.......people are breaking out the two-wheelers! ;)

sly400ex
08-19-2003, 06:27 AM
I just got off the phone with a friend that live in Arizona....he said that there have been quite a few fights by him too. Hope ths doesn't turn into a disaster of some sort. Man, no electricity on the east coast, no gas on the West.....glad I live central:D well..not really:o

Merriman
08-19-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
I know - and we are a 2 Chevy V-8 house.....we are going to be feeling it soon.....can anyone say av-gas? :D

I checked lines at the two stations I saw on my way to work today.....halway down the streets and blocking traffic....

Gas stations are a rip-off and panicky people don't help matter much. I saw a ton of dirtbikes today, too.......people are breaking out the two-wheelers! ;)

I live in the middle on Nowhere AZ, gas is 1.68 a gallon with no line.......who's laughing now....:eek: :D :D

400grl
08-19-2003, 07:16 AM
LOL!!! Yeah...you have it good there right now....rub it in!:)

08-19-2003, 07:30 AM
i have a fear of running out of gas everywhere so i check my gas like every 10 minutes :(

im definetly not getting a high performance machine like the raptor, banshee, ds650, with the gas prices, my dad would make me pay :eek: so ill get a 400 or a warrior :)

F-16Guy
08-19-2003, 07:30 AM
Isn't that amazing how the shortage is only affecting the Phoenix area?? They say it's because we use a special blend; sounds like more excuses to me.:mad:

F-16Guy
08-19-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by stix
i have a fear of running out of gas everywhere so i check my gas like every 10 minutes :(
You might want to get some help for that.:eek:

Merriman
08-19-2003, 07:38 AM
Well I was watching fox news yesterday about it, and they said the 48 year old gas line ruptured on july 30th spilling 12,000 gallons, but they finally decided to shut it down Aug 8th because more problems were occuring. The repair could take up to 2 weeks, and for now they are trucking in gas.....

TheOneYouHate
08-19-2003, 08:02 AM
that sucks glad i live in the east kinda

wilkin250r
08-19-2003, 08:48 AM
Is it possible to drive an hour out of town to get gas?

400grl
08-19-2003, 08:55 AM
Yes - but in my truck it would be almost pointless! :)

bongwater200
08-19-2003, 09:09 AM
I would be calling your state's attorney general's office about the price raising. Most states have laws against selling products that high over avg. market value. The same thing happened over the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Centers. Gas prices skyrocketed in anticipation of a shortage, which the oil companies knew there would never be. Quite a few station owners got sued over that incident.

400GRL...... DO NOT use aviation fuel in your Chevy trucks. (or any automobile with computerized engine controls for that matter) You'll be spending a fortune on diagnostic fees and heated oxygen sensors! Aslo..... I've seen a lot of people pour their race gas or worse, MIXED race gas in their truck to get it to the nearest gas station. The best advice is, if it doesn't come out of a pump at your local station, DON'T USE IT!

400grl
08-19-2003, 09:13 AM
lol!!! Thanks bongwater - yeah - we thought about that! Don't want to gum up any electronic stuff! :)

Here in AZ there actually are no laws against price gouging.....we are way behind on that type of thing. However, since this has happened, our lovely governess has promised to look into it and my guess is that we will be passing some anti-gouging laws very soon......I didn't know we didn't have them already. Amazing!:rolleyes:

Merriman
08-19-2003, 09:20 AM
time to borrow your kids bikes, and go to town......:eek2: :confused2

bongwater200
08-19-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
lol!!! Thanks bongwater - yeah - we thought about that! Don't want to gum up any electronic stuff! ................:) .rolleyes:

Yup.... running anything other than what your vehicle was intended for will either burn out your oxygen sensors (your trucks have 3, most likely @ about $100 ea) or you can cause the exhaust to run too hot and literally melt your catalytic converters. Either way, your mechanic will be hearing a BIG CHA-CHING!!!!

AZblaster44
08-19-2003, 01:21 PM
Right now is onr of the few times I'm glad I'm not driving.....the lines at our gas stations arent wuite as bad as in the city but if you know queen creek..unless country thinder or a race at et(this one only sometimes) waiting for a gas pump is pretty much non existent now its like a 30min to an hour wait:eek2: