PDA

View Full Version : How improtant??

300EXrider02
08-19-2003, 03:47 AM
I am going to get a durablue axle becasue there cheap and semi good

but how important is it to get an axle carrier??? Can I use my old one or is that big of a deal to get a new one...?
how do you get to the grease fitting on one? drill a hole in the swingarm?

either way I might just get one, but which kind, I see no-name ones on ebay, any good? or should i pay 150 for a lsr?

how much do they run for?

and I am guessing I need an anti-fade axle nut huh?

damn quads are like woman:p
keep putting money into them and you are still not satisfied

JOEX
08-19-2003, 04:02 AM
Save a little more and get a Lonestar axle, it has a better warranty than Durablue. You don't need a new carrier but changing the bearings in the stocker would be a good idea since you will have it apart anyway.
LSR carriers are about $200+ sometimes less on ebay.
The no name ones are about $120-150.
Don't waste your money on the anti-fad nut ($200-250). Get an aftermarket lock nut that has the pinch bolts meszmoto.com has one for $45.

Joe

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-19-2003, 04:05 AM
I would have to agree. The lonestar warranty is better than durablues, you do not need a carrier you can change the bearings and seals in yours. and for the nut you can use your stock one or get an aftermarket one. I am going to put a Rad one on my bike for $38.

300EXrider02
08-19-2003, 04:54 AM
if i am not mistaken you need new hubs, and everything for lsr axles, you need to use their stuff to fit on the axles, bringing it up to like 500

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-19-2003, 05:11 AM
you can use your stock hubs if the tolerneces are good meaning that they fit tight on the splines.

wilkin250r
08-19-2003, 09:50 AM
Yeah, unless your stock hubs are really beat up, they will fit on an a durablue or LSR.

Two things I HIGHLY reccomend. Change your axle bearings, and get an aftermarket locknut. You don't need to go with a $200 LSR anti-fade nut, just get one with the pinch bolts. I also reccomend getting a locknut with two pinchbolts instead of just one.

kyex40047
08-20-2003, 04:19 PM
First get a lsr axle, you don't need a new carrier but it would be a good idea because its hard to change the stock bearings and it also makes it easier to adjust the chain because you have that special tool. An anti-fade locknut makes it all easier to take apart to greese if you do get an aftermarket carrier, plus my friend got one of those meszaros locknut and it was to put on.

jay's 300
08-20-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
I would have to agree. The lonestar warranty is better than durablues.

same here :D

norrisboat
08-20-2003, 05:09 PM
agree LSR

mcgusto
08-21-2003, 02:21 PM
I just put my LSR on last week and Im still waiting on my arms. I should have them this week! yay! I cannot wait to ride my little 400ex! Yay!