PDA

View Full Version : wit????-prolly???

JTRtrx250r
08-19-2003, 01:57 AM
I hope ya dont mind me askin'......but wtf do so many of you say "wit" and "prolly"??at 1st I thought it was just typo's.......but I see it everyday,we all know the definition of the word "wit"....and ppl say it like they're iliterate or something,they sound like they have no wit at all,just seems real strange to me:confused:

the other thing I see everyday is "prolly",....is that supposed to be "probably"??.. or is this another " Yo G" thing?? help me out here:confused:

YamaWarr0121
08-19-2003, 02:13 AM
wit is more than likely With

and prolly is definately probably

its just slang for computers, easier to type, faster to say, easier for everyone who understands really

like example.. Im prolly gonna go to the race wit my dad tomorrow

see?

SGA
08-19-2003, 02:14 AM
Very simple. Teenagers have always seperated themselves from adults. One way is dressing different from older people. Another way is language. Most teenagers stop these practices when they are older and start interacting with society on a more serious level.
I have noticed that, rather than using your time and energy worrying about hair lenth, style of clothes, and grammer, it seems best to use your time to teach teenagers basic wholesome values. Respect yourself, Respect others, Always try to do the right thing.
These values will be carried throughout their life, and is much more positive than breaking down their selfworth. ie: Your hair is too long , those clothes look bad, the way you talk is stupid.
All this does is breaks down a teens self worth and creativity.

Let them be teenagers and have fun ( directed in a positive way with reasonable bounderies). All to soon they will have responsibilites heaped upon their shoulders. Job, family, car payments, taking care of sick parents, etc. What teens really need is unbiased guidence, and a large dose of caring.

Pappy
08-19-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Very simple. Teenagers have always seperated themselves from adults. One way is dressing different from older people. Another way is language. Most teenagers stop these practices when they are older and start interacting with society on a more serious level.

you are prolly right and im down wit it:huh

Glow Plug
08-19-2003, 03:15 AM
I don't find myself doing that to much with "wit" but mabye "prolly" :eek:

08-19-2003, 03:21 AM
You should come to a Hatfield mcCoy ride and hear all the wierd words and talk that goes on..:confused2

Adam202
08-19-2003, 03:24 AM
i just find it easier and faster typing things like, i dunno instead of i dont know, or prolly instead of probably, its just easier and faster like using lol, or wtf, instead of typing the whole thing out.

JTRtrx250r
08-19-2003, 03:28 AM
yama...good example:D

SGA....I still haven't grown out of my teen slang....I guess I got my own lingo too,my kids walk in talkin' this chit,I ask what they mean...lil chits start laughin' and walk away,I guess Im catchin' on:uhoh: :ermm: I "prolly" shouldnt have worded it like I was degrading,more was just wondering:blah: I know when I type my thoughts ,they come out jumbled alot of the time,but sometimes I find myself rereading a post a few times trying to figure out what they are saying:confused: haha

I sometimes use "dunno" and "kno" but always use "WTF",LMAO:D

wilkin250r
08-19-2003, 04:25 AM
I used to hang out on a Cowboy forum years ago, so everything was "Hey hon, whatcha doin' ? Goin' ridin' later on, y'all wanna go?" until I started having problems typing a report for work or school.

Do you know how embarrassing it is to hand in a term paper with words like "fixin' to" or "gonna" mixed in the middle, or worse yet, submit something like that to your boss?

Since then, I vowed never to use any computer slang again. My only exception mignt be LMAO, but even that is pretty rare.

zephead400ex
08-19-2003, 04:34 AM
Unless you are monkeyboy or slapnutz...then you probably cant even talk right because you only have 2 teeth and a huge chew in (spit), of course they cant spell correctly. Hell, earlier I saw a post by monkeyboy where he/she meant to say the word 'feel', but he spelled it 'pfilll', haha!

Anyway, it does take some reading and intelligent thinking skills to be able to decipher a lot of things that people type. I guess I dont understand what the deal is with the word 'wit', add a damn H to the word and be done with it. .003 seconds of your time will make you dont look like a illiterate kid from the sticks!

later

JTRtrx250r
08-19-2003, 04:36 AM
lmao.......thats funny,I leave the "g"off alot myself,but thats how I talk,...racin',jammin',thrashin' etc haha;)

FourFiftyFour
08-19-2003, 04:43 AM
sometimes i am typin so fast that i type "with", "wit"....
I always say "prolly".. i always had a problem with "Probably"

and im a texan i always say Im fixin to go to the track... Tommy makes fun of me about that hahahaha.. o well i bet most of yall do....... *shrugs* ya'll still love me :p :p

toby400ex
08-19-2003, 04:47 AM
I think "pry" is better than "prolly, but even worse is when people take the time to say "w/o" instead of without. :huh

FourFiftyFour
08-19-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
I think "pry" is better than "prolly, but even worse is when people take the time to say "w/o" instead of without. :huh

and thats why you are The Special Member...........

LMAO j/k

JTRtrx250r
08-19-2003, 04:54 AM
ok...Ive seen "pry" ,no wonder it didnt make any sence to me:blah:
and Im guilty of "w/", "w/o"

I type "computer short-hand" myself,its just that "wit,pry,prolly,dat,and a few others that throw me off :uhoh:

Im sure I'll be "schooled" and brought up to speed w/ this tread,:blah:

JabberJaw
08-19-2003, 05:56 AM
Yeah? And they prolly all ride the shote bus!

SGA
08-19-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
Yeah? And they prolly all ride the shote bus!
I ride the short bus........ :(

08-19-2003, 07:26 AM
uh oh, lug owt fo monkby an snuts :eek: