PDA

View Full Version : Big Gun rev box ??

bmw500hp
08-18-2003, 09:39 PM
Any one ever hear of it??

How about rev box's. Interested but heard goods and bads...pretty much now confused...anyone..:(

methyman
08-18-2003, 11:44 PM
I didn't have a big gun one but I had i White Brothers one and it raised rev limiter by 1000 rpms. I know Curtis Sparks sells them and Magnum does and everyone else does. They basically all do the same thing.

Later

Matthew

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-19-2003, 03:59 AM
I have a magnum one on my bike. I haven't had any problems at all :D

cals400ex
08-19-2003, 08:02 AM
i know big gun and white brothers both sell them and they both say to have a good battery or it may be harder to start. i put a sparks one on and my bike i think it actually starts a little easier. why, i don't not have a clue. i think some of these boxes are made for the xr400 bike but you can still use them in the 400ex. these are the boxes, from how i understand it, that make the bike harder to start. i would get the sparks unit again. my bike starts easy and it gave me a tad bit of top speed.

Chanman420q
08-19-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
i know big gun and white brothers both sell them and they both say to have a good battery or it may be harder to start. i put a sparks one on and my bike i think it actually starts a little easier. why, i don't not have a clue. i think some of these boxes are made for the xr400 bike but you can still use them in the 400ex. these are the boxes, from how i understand it, that make the bike harder to start. i would get the sparks unit again. my bike starts easy and it gave me a tad bit of top speed.

other than a tad bit of speed, did u notice anything else?

cals400ex
08-19-2003, 06:03 PM
you also get a raise rev limiter by about 1000 rpm's. bike starts great. i think it is a good mod if you are getting some motor work done. it may be a waste of money if your all stock though.

back to the original question:
i have read that the big gun produced two additional horsepower over the white brothers box. i don't know what bike that was on and also big gun made the dyno. do i believe it? i personally don't but thats just me. if you do a search for big gun or cdi/rev box, you might be able to find something. good luck