PDA

View Full Version : Scrambler 90 Question

01-25-2002, 05:23 PM
Yeah I know, its a Polaris, so please no flames. I got my son one for Christmas, mainly because it had the electric starter. The probem is this....when I have the throttle stop screw turned all the way in and the exhaust restrictor on, the thing will not even take off with me on it, it acts as if the brake is on. It does OK with my son on flat ground, but the least little hill and he can't go. It does good once it gets going though. I have turned the screw out, and tried taking the restrictor off, both of these help tremendously, but it is too fast for him then. I finally took the restrictor piece and drilled the hole out to about 1/2", this helped alot and its not too fast for him. Although it still sucks taking off in like loose dirt (fields) and such. Is there anything else I can try. Keep in mind my son is 6 years old and weighs 45 lbs. so I don't want it going too fast for him right now. I wondered if I could change the front sprocket so maybe it would have a little more low end? Any suggestions? Thanks.....

4punksdad
01-25-2002, 05:31 PM
the trx-70 we have acts the same way with the throttle screw in place. what I do is only let my 2 year old ride on semi flat surfaces. the bike carry's him fine, but will barely move with me on it.

my kids have all started riding at age 2. I know I know........he doesn't have a helmet on. but I could have reached over & grabbed him before he fell off the bike.