PDA

View Full Version : HOTCAM Stage 2

frogburner
08-18-2003, 01:24 PM
well I ordered a HOTCAM Stage 2 today,, can anyone give me a heads up on the performance I should recieve?? Bad Boy 416 is supposed to help me install new clutches on my 406 also this week... Anyone know of a good timing chain that wont stretch.. and Also,, If I get a XR 400 Gasket for the head,, will it affect the given valve clearances for the new cam???? And since its thinner,, will I have to much compression for that gasket???? Any help or advice would be nice,, talk to you all later

Steven
08-18-2003, 01:53 PM
You'll feel less bottom end, a little more mid range, and a hell of alot more top end.

cals400ex
08-18-2003, 06:18 PM
if you are using the wiseco piston, your won't have too much compression. i would say get all of the compression you can get. i was told that the 11 compression wiseco piston is about 10. a thinner gasket may raise the compression 1 to 3 tenths. the wiseco piston for the 400ex is actually the piston for the xr400 dirtbike so the compression ratings are wrong for the 400ex. the gasket won't have anything to do with the valve clearance. you will need to run hotcams recommended clearances for the valves.

dariusld
08-19-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
if you are using the wiseco piston, your won't have too much compression. i would say get all of the compression you can get. i was told that the 11 compression wiseco piston is about 10. a thinner gasket may raise the compression 1 to 3 tenths. the wiseco piston for the 400ex is actually the piston for the xr400 dirtbike so the compression ratings are wrong for the 400ex. the gasket won't have anything to do with the valve clearance. you will need to run hotcams recommended clearances for the valves.

the gasket won't have anything to do with the valve clearance. When He said valve clearance, I think he was talking about piston to valve clearance. As in, will his valve come into contact with his piston?

UglyMotha™
08-19-2003, 04:22 AM
rumor has it you can run can run a crf 450 timing chain and it would be like running a heavy duty t/chain from sparks or any other engine builder i plan on buying one here soon

cals400ex
08-19-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by dariusld
When He said valve clearance, I think he was talking about piston to valve clearance. As in, will his valve come into contact with his piston?

sorry, i got you now. you should be fine running the thinner gasket. actually when i ordered my cam and piston, they recommended the thinner gasket. many people run the thinner one with great success, i would get it.