PDA

View Full Version : TT Racing at Paducah, West KY Sept 12-13... I need some help.

Striker49
08-18-2003, 12:28 PM
Well, first off...wondering if any of you knuckleheads are going to be there...I will be one way or the other.

Second, I need some advice.

My dad actually mentioned letting me race if I wanted to (shocking to say the least) and Ive got like 3 weeks to prepare or whatever. Now, Im wondering this... do I need to hunt down a set of Hoosiers to borrow? I do not want to buy a new set of wheels and Hoosiers for one race. Im runnin 20" Shredder R/As and worn down "knobbie" front tires. I do not plan on running the oval track, but plan on riding the half oval/inner track mix that they do...I dunno what to call it...lmao. Now, I personally have no experience racing and do not think that the R/As would be of any use on a flat track.
What are your suggestions?

Ive just got a new set of Acerbis gear in, fixing to buy boots and a helmet, maybe a chest protector as well...money's disappering fast...lol.

Thx in advance. :)

Moto92
08-18-2003, 06:58 PM
You going to race that 250, or did you get a new ride. I havent been on here for quite a while so I wouldnt know. But I dont see why the shredders would hurt anything. If your just going out there for fun and not trying to win.
Is that the GNC race, I thought I remember a bigger race with Paducah on it and thinking that was kind of odd. I have to come and watch that.

Chef
08-18-2003, 07:06 PM
It would help to have tires. You cant really get away with "borrowing" TT tires, because you might totally wear em out. Depending on the compound, of course. Its alot of fun. Get that lowered though...

Striker49
08-19-2003, 01:09 AM
**** it then. Im not setting the bike up for one TT race. :rolleyes:

Ill just go watch.

Hey, fearthisracer...I bought Castor's 416. The 250 is gone forever. I believe it is the GNC race at PIR too. :)

08-19-2003, 03:37 AM
It is a GNC TT national race.

Striker you need ta save your penny's so you can ride with us at hatfield next month...;) :D

Striker49
08-19-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Rico
It is a GNC TT national race.

Striker you need ta save your penny's so you can ride with us at hatfield next month...;) :D

I want to Rob, but it'll just have to wait til next summer. I have to work Saturdays and schools a PITA. :rolleyes:
Wont make it til next year I dont imagine, and Ill get lucky if I make it then. :ermm:

Burden7
09-08-2003, 07:57 AM
Just wondering how many people are going to be at the race this weekend. I will be down there Thurs. night and running the Short Track National. I also need to know if anybody knows the directions to the campground? I heard that it is only a couple miles away from the track. I know the way to the track, but not the campground.

Cody_300ex
09-10-2003, 05:34 PM
I was going to race at PIR but i broke my wrist:( Have you ever raced at Carson Park Striker/rico?