PDA

View Full Version : 400ex problems

Flyin#3-1/2
08-18-2003, 08:12 AM
anyone want to help me out here? i just picked up a 2000 400ex with some mods, they are in my sig, and it started up just fine when we picked it up but it ran a little weird because the guy says he has it jetted for winter, so i still need to change that. but anyway, we stored it on the back of a semi facing up sitting on it's grab bar, shut off the gas of course. well we got it home and i let it sit for like 15 minutes to let the oil settle back because it had been sitting up for hours. and it wouldn't start at all. we put gas in it and then we took the spark plug out and my dad said it was getting a weak spark. so i'm getting one tonight, but i tried starting it again and it starts for like a second and i have to keep tapping the gas and it stays for a couple seconds but dies, and it sounds like it starts to flood almost. so can anyone help me? could it be anything else or just the spark plug that isn't working?? someone help me!! this thing looks sooooo nice and it sounds so sweet when it's running, i want to ride it so bad. so someone please help me ASAP!!

also does anyone know how to get the cap for the spark plug out of the plug cap? that sounds confusing:ermm: :confused2

speedy400
08-18-2003, 08:44 AM
there is no spark plug caps on 400ex spark plugs.could be the wires have a weak connection, or did you turn the gas back on?:rolleyes: -darren

toby400ex
08-18-2003, 08:44 AM
take the carb apart and clean it

cals400ex
08-18-2003, 11:24 AM
is the plug all black and does it look like it flooded?

AtvMxRider
08-18-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
take the carb apart and clean it

Sounds like the float is stuck.

Flyin#3-1/2
08-18-2003, 05:18 PM
problem fixed guys:D thank god it was nothing bad, it was just the spark plug.

my friend came over with his 229ex and he bought a plug for me and we put it in, started up first push. this was my first official ride on it, and i LOVED it, i will never want to ride my banshee again, except i will miss it's insane accel and top end power :(

Maxxed out
08-18-2003, 05:30 PM
229 ex???:huh

08-18-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Flyin#3-1/2
problem fixed guys:D thank god it was nothing bad, it was just the spark plug.

my friend came over with his 229ex and he bought a plug for me and we put it in, started up first push. this was my first official ride on it, and i LOVED it, i will never want to ride my banshee again, except i will miss it's insane accel and top end power :(

There are many things that you can do that will make you forget about the banshee 100%.

Its not even that expensive unless you had tons of $$$ into the shee but I bet it would be less $$$ on the honda.