PDA

View Full Version : COPS got me today!!!!

Quad_Tech_250r
08-18-2003, 07:46 AM
i have a full MX 265r, and today, i was going to my riding spot....and you have to ride about 2 miles of road to get there. on the way 2 cops got me, one followed me for about a mile, and the other was sitting at a stop sign.....the cop told me every violation heres the one i can think of!!!!!

laws i broke:

Speeding
noise violation
ran a stop signs
no turn signals
no headlights
no tail lights
no speedometer
no mirrors
no liecense plate
driveing a motorized vehicle on the road with out a liecense
not inspected
tires are past the fenders
driving an unotherised vehicle

BUT!!!!! he was a very nice guy....it would have coast me over $1500 in fines + more in court fees, and my quad inpounded, and 15 hours comunete service....but he only made me push my quad back home!!!!

stace609
08-18-2003, 07:56 AM
you're lucky

flyin#5
08-18-2003, 08:02 AM
so you pushed your quad for 2 miles?:eek2:

Woodsrider
08-18-2003, 08:03 AM
I would have busted your balls:macho J/P your lucky though, stay off the road, and quit pissing off the locals. if there were two, chances are they were looking for you;)

CHAUNCY
08-18-2003, 08:08 AM
Sounds like you lucked out:eek2:

Brad
08-18-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
Sounds like you lucked out:eek2:

whoa

MXcutie
08-18-2003, 08:31 AM
i would say you were one lucky guy today

Glow Plug
08-18-2003, 08:46 AM
:eek2: whao sounds like they were nice cops you got lucky dude

08-18-2003, 08:57 AM
if i had been riding my big bear 400, i wouldnt have gotten too far pushing it cause it weighs like over 600 lbs. and im only 14 so imagine a 14 year old tryin to push a 600 lb. fourwheeler 2 miles. when i ran outta gas once, i tried pushing it home and it was 3/4 of a mile back and i couldnt even get it half way before i gave up and walked back and got gas. but its better than getting it impounded

Quad_Tech_250r
08-18-2003, 09:51 AM
yeah, i am realy lucky.....i dont piss of the locals either, i stay below the speed limit and i obay the trafic laws......he said i ran a stop sign but i went thorugh it because he turned on his lights and i was to busy worrying about him and i drifted through it!!!! so from now on i have to load it up on the trailer!

Flyin#3-1/2
08-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by flyin#5
so you pushed your quad for 2 miles?:eek2:

yea mike, it's not that hard...it's a 250R it's not like they weigh as much as your rancher:rolleyes:

but dude, you're sooooo lucky!! cops around here suck, but my friend's dad is pretty cool.

wilkin250r
08-18-2003, 10:18 AM
You usually don't have a problem if you ride slow, on the side of the road, and keep the noise to a minimum. Most cops are nice guys, but if you are riding full throttle through a neighborhood, speeding and making a lot of noise and pissing people off, they'll bust ya for sure.

Quad_Tech_250r
08-18-2003, 10:21 AM
i dont speed,i usally just cruse behind cars..... but in this case i was right behind a car, so i was just going the speed of him and he was doing a few MPH over the limit!

racin 400
08-18-2003, 10:23 AM
lol.. i was riding down all the county roads then i see a cop turn my way at a 3 way intercetion (sp) i was like of ****.I ran for about 5 miles full throttle i seen my friend riding his banshe in his yard so i skided side way onto his property 400ex spitering and sputering out of gas i got gas and we went a ****ed with the cops all day never got caught it was fun.:p

08-18-2003, 11:00 AM
tires past fenders wtf they are stock

flyin#5
08-18-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Flyin#3-1/2
yea mike, it's not that hard...it's a 250R it's not like they weigh as much as your rancher:rolleyes:

but dude, you're sooooo lucky!! cops around here suck, but my friend's dad is pretty cool.

haha, come on neal youd be dead if you pushed a quad(or walked) for 2 miles:blah: :ermm: :bandit:

08-18-2003, 11:09 AM
keep it in first gear and pretend to push it. just lay back on the seat and tippie toe on the ground lol

08-18-2003, 11:15 AM
next time u see them run...i got the whole warning routine a few months back & niw everytime they try to pull me over I bolt for the woods...they usually dont call for backup caus ehtey feel embaressed a little 4 wheeler got away from them...:D

Ex King
08-18-2003, 11:16 AM
my friend side saddles his dirtbike so if the cop comes and says something hw can just say i wasn't riding it i was just pushing it but if the cop was smart enought he would go by the head pipe and c if it was hot :D but idt they would do that but u never no now of days:rolleyes:

4wheelboy
08-18-2003, 11:27 AM
read my thread not all cops arr a- holes:)

250rmike
08-18-2003, 11:34 AM
yes stand on one side of your bike and act like you were pushing it just keep it in second going slow so theres not much noise and if you see a cop turn it off and accually start pushing it. the cop was just bing he cant get you for all of that. he could have only gotten you for unlicened vehicle and driving a motorized vehicle with a license. if its an unlicensed vehicle you can have no lights blahh blahh blahh whatever you want done to it. so if you get pulled over again(which you shouldnt you have a r trust me i know how fast they are i have ran a few times all out on mine) just say thank you officer and say you were heading back to your house push it in the direction of the trails that is all i ever do. then you can still have a days worth of riding

300exQuadracer
08-18-2003, 01:07 PM
one night a couple weeks ago a state patrol was coming after me with his lights and sirens, i was on my 300ex just minding my own busines on the side of the road so i was like screw gettin caught and i just cut down some old rr tracks that run behind my house and shut my light off , he stayed on the road flipped on his spot light and tried to find me but i kept going on the tracks, he got the the corner and i just shut off my quad and waited in some tall grass, he sat at the corner for like 5 min is what it seemed like then he shut off his lights and drove away, so i high tailed it home and soon after i pull into the shed he goes by my house real slow, never did stop or talk to me ever, but cops allways come around at night when me and my buddies are riding in our fields when there are no crops they think we`re trusspassing or something but they never stop to talk to us they just drive by real slow turn around and drive back by a couple times in a day or night